z

Young Writers Society

Online Magazine/Newspaper *Updated - 01/04/05 22:52*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:38 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I've been thinking about doing an online magazine sort of thing with different column things ranging from an Agony Aunt page (I do them all the time there's even one on my website even tho it has one problem lol!) Celebrity gossip, latest news thing just generally what you could find in a modern day magazine. Real life stories if anyone wanted to submit something a comic page, and I just had an idea if people are into designs then if we could get enough have a mix of people doing what they think should be "in" this season. Anyway if anyones interested post here or PM me because I'm just seeing if people want to do it what kind of domain thing to sign up for. Thanks for your time :) - I'll edit this later and make it a bit less jiberish
To begin with it'll probably be a monthly thing this is because I know in the UK it's approaching exam season so I don't want to do it so often that people won't have time to revise. Plus if we do it monthly we'll have time to organise things to get it looking right etc, once all the kinks are sorted out hopefully we could move it to fortnightly.

Jobs
:idea: Seasonwear (Designers)
:idea: Real Life Stories
:idea: Problem Page (Agony Aunt)
:idea: Debates - Each month do one debate thing and give two views one for one against i.e fox hunting
:idea: Current affairs - what's going on in the world this month
:idea: Tips and advice for one specific subject each month, i.e month 1 could be bullying month 2 could be exams or whatever
:idea: Celebrity Gossip?
:idea: Book reviews, five people or so could give a review on one book or maybe a different book for each person
:idea: Journalist - these can be anyone and you can choose any topic you want as long as it's sensible. Each month you can send me your articles and I'll choose which ones (it there's too many we couldn't use them all!) which ones will be put in. If your article isn't submitted then you can submit it again.
This is all I can think of at the moment if you can think of something else or have something you want to do please tell me

Okay if you're interested in this then say what you'd like to do and I'll add a list below, if you want you can do more than one thing and if several people want to do the same thing then we can work something out.
:arrow: Dreaming_Mouse: Agony Aunt/Design/Occasional Journalist
:arrow: Nikki (nickelpickle): Journalist, Opinion stories, Real life experiences
:arrow: Niteowl: Celebrity Gossip, Monthly Peculiar Posting
:arrow: Incandescence: Contributing Writer
:arrow: QiGuaiGongFu: Editorials
:arrow: QiGuaiGongFu and Emma: Tips and Advice
Last edited by dreaming_mouse on Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:49 pm
nickelpickle says...

Nikki (nickelpickle): Journalist, Opinion stories, Real life experiences
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:29 pm
Sam says...

*cough*join yws news *cough cough*

ah, the life of a mod...

anyway...sounds awesome!!!!!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:34 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Sam wrote:*cough*join yws news *cough cough*

ah, the life of a mod...

anyway...sounds awesome!!!!!

It's not like that though this is a sort of large magazine I'm aiming to get people worldwide (big dreams) to see. I'm going to try and get some friends irl to join so that its a mix of people not just people from one place.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:30 am
Sam says...

*basks in awesomeness*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:23 am
Emma says...

I would love to join.. If it is alright with you.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:35 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

oooh, i'd do some journalistic stuff. and regular editorials.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

49 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:35 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Kool, I have a friend irl who wants to be involved to so I'll ask if she can help me organise stuff. If you guys just put down what you wanna do and I'll look at some mags later see what they normally have make a list etc :D

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:13 pm
niteowl says...

I could do book reviews and possibly celebrity gossip. Which reminds me...I have some catching up to do. *runs to Meijer's and grabs the Enquirer* :lol:

EDIT: You know how I'm always putting those Peculiar Postings I ripped off the AP in the In the News forum? Well, we could make that a weekly feature or something.
Last edited by niteowl on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

683 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:44 pm
Emma says...

Oooooh me would love to help with the 'tips and advice month' thing. I can help! :P

And maybe help you, if there is a doodle bit with funny one page doodles.

[edit] and I have some really good real life stories. That has happened to me and my friends. Oh god, I sound like I havent got anything better to do.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:08 pm
nickelpickle says...

heay..dm, by opinion i mean debate, kk> advice is good too
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:51 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

oh oh! i wanna do tips and advice... and i still wanna do an editorial.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:03 am
marching_gurl89 says...

i would love to do debate or current events
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

49 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:03 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Okay I talked to Nikki about the debates thing and we've agreed that each month she will pick and arguement and write her side of it - for/against and then each month we would find a "guest" to the write the opposite side of the arguement.

There's a few other things I'm thinking about making sort of monthly guests, the tips and advice part - since two people already want to do this (if Emma and Marching_gurl89 have a prob with this suggestion then just PM me, this is why I haven't added either of you to the lists I wanted to check you're okay with this so just post here or PM me if you are or aren't) I thought again each month since it's going to change topic it could change person since different people would give different advice anyway. Here's a list of what will probably have people changing every month so that if more than one person wants to do them they can get a change:
:arrow: Real life stories - you don't want to have to hear about the same person every month depending on how big the magazine is depends on how many we will use each month.
:arrow: Each month we will find one person to "take on Nikki" lol
:arrow: Tips and advice
:idea: Book reviews - I know that Niteowl wants to do this so if no one else does it'll just be her choosing a book every month lol

Anyway we still need loads of people so if you are interested please post here or pm me!

683 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:58 pm
Emma says...

I dont mind, I could maybe give some tips and advise next month or something and I have some good real life stories. Interesting too. :D

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea