z

Young Writers Society

Which is your favorite Harry Potter book?

So...which is it?

Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone
No votes
Chamber of Secrets
6%
Prisoner of Azkaban
29%
Goblet of Fire
19%
Order of the Phoenix
10%
Half-Blood Prince
3%
Deathly Hallows
32%

Total votes : 31

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm
Cade says...

My favorite has long been Goblet of Fire. I think it still is...I did enjoy Deathly Hallows, but it's too soon to tell whether it will come out on top of GoF in my mind.

Deathly Hallows was my favorite cover, though. It was so lovely and really fitting.
Last edited by Cade on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:39 pm
Pushca says...

I think it's a tie between HBP and POA. DH was the best up until the last hundred pages or so.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 pm
Black Ghost says...

I think my favorite would have to be Goblet of Fire, with Order of the Phoenix as a close second, and like Cadmium, it's still a bit early to decided whether Deathly Hallows will take any of those spots. It still needs time to resonate in my mind...

MM

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 am
Firestarter says...

Prisoner of Azkaban has always been my favourite, with Goblet of Fire and Half-Blood Prince second.

In light of Deathly Hallows this will probably change! However, like others have noted, it's too soon after. It hasn't finished yet, really. It hasn't left my conscious properly.

As a bet, I'd say DH will share first place.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:08 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

In ties: 1st place: PoA and DH 2nd Place: GoF and HBP 3rd OotP

:P

Yeah...I need to digest it more.
ohmeohmy

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:12 am
View Likes
Teague says...

Order of the Phoenix.

Sirius = <3

OotP had the most of Sirius. xD

Call me a fangirl. Sirius pwns.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

As others have said, it's too early to say whether DH is my favourite or not. It needs a couple more reads. Despite that, I have put it as one of my favourtes, die to the strength of some of the scenes: the 'I'm going to die' scene, Snape's memories, Godric's Hollow, and Dobby's burial. Also, it has one of the best, most chilling first chapters we've seen.

A very close second has to be GOF. It's strange, Rowling herself says that, although this is the one she enjoyed writing least, it seems to be the favourite of the majority of people.

I think the absence of Quidditch from both these books contributes towards their high ranking.

Joint thrid I place POA and HBP, the former because it shows the start of the books beginning to get darker: "the servant of the Dark Lord will return to him tonight" (or something along those lines) ad the latter because of the discovery of the Horcruxes, and the death of Dumbledore.

Joint fourth: PS and COS. I seem to switch between which of these I prefer, depending on my mood. They're nice and innocent, and a good read for a day or two.

And coming in at last place, OOTP. The angsty, angry Harry really got on my nerves with this one, as did the constant looks into Voldy's mind (these had been greatly improved, and were much more interesting, in DH). I did, however, love the rebellion from the DA against Umbridge, and the chapters from their arrival at the Ministry onwards redeemed the book.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 pm
Rydia says...

Joint favourites are POA and OOTP, probably because they feature Sirius quite a lot. He was and always will be my favourite character. DH is good but Fred and George weren't as funny as they had been in past books. Which to vote for though? I think it will have to be POA. JK should have given Sirius a more heroic, fitting death.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:41 pm
Cassandra says...

Order of the Phoenix, but Half-Blood Prince is a close second, because of the huge role Draco played. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:56 pm
Poltergiest says...

Mine is undoubtedly the third. Everythings perfect in it! Sirious, Lupin, good defense against the dark arts teacher, of course. Werewolves, time traveling, everythings good.

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:04 pm
Wiggy says...

Deathly Hallows! So happy and perfect and I just loooooved it. (Except for poor Fred and Hedwig and all...)

Half Blood Prince was second.

Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire would have to come in third. They were just...good. Not quite sure why, but I loved them. Sirius was my favorite character, too! *hearts Sirius* Why did he have to die?!?

Order of the Phoenix, at least the one time (two times?) I read it didn't do much for me. The prophecy was just...stupid. Everyone knew that's how it had to be, anyway!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:27 pm
ennui says...

The third book would have to be my favorite. Everything just came together at the end with Lupin & Sirius's revelations, Harry having a godfather, Snape's animosity toward Lupin & Sirius, etc, Hermione and her time travel, etc.

Though CoS would come to a close second. ;)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:34 pm
Leja says...

Chamber of Secrets is my favourite because it reminds me of when I read it, in fourth grade or so, when the world was still magical. Like peanut butter and jelly, it's comfort food.

I am inclined to think that Deathly Hallows is the best though. Like the rest of you, I don't want to say anything about it for certain yet.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:18 pm
whence says...

I had to read HBP twice before it phased me at all. I imagine it's much the same with DH, as I really don't care for it as of yet.

Idk...favorite... I think the 6th is the best-written, but the 5th was always my favorite.... 4th was good too.
:thud:
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:11 pm
Meshugenah says...

PoA, definitely. DH I just haven't had enough time to digest yet, either.

But PoA! It has Remus in it!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster