z

Young Writers Society

Thanks...

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Elizabeth says...

Who would you like ot thank for anything and every accomplishment that you have made or had or whatever?
Mom, dad, friends, brother, sister, lovers, trees. cats, dogs, the earth?
WHAT?!!!??

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:00 pm
Zion says...

Ill thank google, for finding me the YFW forum, and then this one. :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:19 pm
Wulie says...

Katie my best mate for getting me this far in life I love her so much :)
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:56 pm
Elizabeth says...

I'd like to thank the little people.....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

For being in the Wizard of Oz and being the munchkins of Munchkin Land.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:02 pm
Firestarter says...

I'd thank my ex-girlfriend for inspiring me enough to write and show people it, and for making me believe in myself.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:53 pm
Wulie says...

aw :) - I'd like to ermmm thank cheese for being so tastey!
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:03 am
Nic Cobb says...

I would like to thank Tom Riddle for inspiring me to do evil deeds at least once a week, that girl in my homeroom for being so annoying that it almost drove me to insanity and then proceeding to get moved out of that homeroom because of her stupidity, Tolkien for giving my first real fetish (bows, especially ones that are being held by elves), and most of all, my English teacher last year for telling me that I couldn't write. She was a lovely lady. :roll:

Oh, yeah, and the evil Santa. :xmas_evil:
Behold, I am the mistress of the great Thomas Marvolo Riddle.

My alter ego is Tom's daughter. What?! Is it so weird to be in love with your alter ego's father? I don't think so!!!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:35 am
Sam says...

I would like to thank...

The Traveling Hobo Bobs- for the wierdest group name and the best trip to DC ever
Billy Schwa (aka my 5th grade class)- for accepting me, the cheesehead, coming from Craptown population 12,000
Nate- duh
Shea- for being so duh and amusing me and being hot (i've a lot to thank him for lol)
Keyboarding Teacher- for helping me reach 120 wpm and flunking me for getting too many errors on a report

ha ha

great thread, black rose
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:42 am
niteowl says...

Let's see, who would I like to thank...? My dad stays out of my hair most of the time, which is reason enough to thank him. Robin might mot be my best friend. In fact, she drove me up the wall most of the time, but she forced me to get out of my shell and get some sort of social life. She also gave me people to sit with at lunch. Too bad she moved to Colorado.

And of course I'll thank my two bestest friends, Caroline(aka marching_gurl89) and Paige(who isn't a member). Because they've put up with me since the third grade, therefore they rock. And all my other friends for putting up with me so long. And my family for putting up with me for the past 14 and some-odd years.

And I'd like to thank all the annoying idiots I know, because they make life more interesting. Or at least my day.

And I'd have to thank that poster that's hanging on the Salem bulletin board by the art studio. It's a long story, but that's how I eventually stumbled upon writing.com, which is how I wound up here.

And I'd like to thank my insomnia for giving me sleepless nights for writing and thinking, and of course my online identity.

Which I guess means I need to thank Paige again for reading my stuff and convincing me I was good.

Wow I have a lot of thankyou's...well I'm done. No wait I forgot to thank whatever higher power may exist out there. Okay. Now I'm done.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:01 pm
Skye says...

I'd like to thank EJ (who will probably never read this cuz she's a technophobe). Girl I love you, and I'm sorry again. It was hard for me too, you know. :(
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:00 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I'd thank my friend Rowan lol because if she hadn't told me she thought I was good at writing I wouldn't write anything now and I definately wouldn't try for my goals lol :oops:

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:40 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

i would like 2 thank niteowl 4 putting up with me being a spaz every friday night.and nite for telling me about yws
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:20 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I would like to thank the school for not having a teacher's training day tomorrow and letting us all come back. I am so sick of being at home and around my family, much as I love them. I would also like to thank my old English teacher Mr Penny who taught me to analyse books and movies so that now I do it without even realising. Thank you to my friends for being my second family and anyone who has ever annoyed me and inspired me to write through anger. And finally, thank you God, for being patient, thank you everyone who reads this. *Holds up trophy proudly* I'd like to thank the academy...
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 am
hekategirl says...

I would like to thank my best friend in the whole wide world, Sean.
You've always been there to make me laugh :lol: :lol:
Not to mention being a good, trustworthy friend.
Thank you for everything Sean!!! I hope we stay friends forever.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:45 am
Nai says...

I'd like to thank...

-My teachers since my first year of school for teaching me all the useful/useless things I know...
-Fettacchine Alfredo for being there for me when no human being could (lol)
-My dog Deuce for biting my arm yesterday
-R.A. Salvatore for inspiring me to become an author
-My current English teacher who helps me to stay with my writing even though I get writer's block alot
-ZZAP for getting 'The Leader' thread closed (just kidding)
-Brad for smacking ZZAP down a step
-Tara for getting us to first place in the poetry contest
-My friend Ryan for sticking by me at the worst moments of my life
-My dad for pulling me out of the hell my mother ruled
-The unsung that help people to become more than they ever dreamed being
-Tara, Crysi, Brad, Jack, nite, Arvy, Nate, Sam and everyone else who made and continue to make me feel like I am a part of this site
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle