z

Young Writers Society

Help Ari!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:33 am
Areida says...

I haven't /been around /much lately, /due to the //horrendousness of this keyboard. /If /anyone /knows /how /to /make /it /quit /doing /this, /that //would /be /b/e/yond /fabulous. /It's /drivi/ng/ me/ c/ra/zy. //I /h/ave/ /to /do /all /this /insane /ba//ck/s/pacing/ to get a p/ost in, and even /then sometimes it goes all p/ossessed on me and starts to make long lines of slashes ///////really /real/ly //fas/t /and/ I can't mak/e it /stop.//

S/o// /if /any/one //k/now/s /what/ /to //do with/this/, //that'd //b/e /gre/a/t./ I'll totally ///give /y/ou /all //whatever //of /my //points. /500 /something. /I /dunno. /But /I'll /be/ //your /friend /forever! /Yay!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:00 am
Meshugenah says...

Gah, Ari... that's scary stuff, that is.

The only time I've ever seen that happen here is when I his the preview button on a post, and then it's in the blogs...

Maybe the key on your comptuer is stuck? LIke something sticky got under it, and just holds it down, and hitting any key remotely close to that key sets it off?

or your computer is posessed and hates you with a passion.

Oh.... wait! Laptop or desktop comptuer? If it's a laptop, well, I think those spaz a lot, it seems (like my dad's makes random page jumps all the time, especially in the evilness that is Microsoft Word). Maybe? I'm the farthest from a teckie geek it gets, so... that's about as much help as I can be. Good luck!

Could it be software, not even the keyboard?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:33 am
Firestarter says...

Yeah, it's probably 'cos that key is stuck somehow on your keyboard. I don't know if you've ever pulled the surface of a key off before (I have done, food accidents and all). But if you look under, there might be something that keeps making the key think it's being pressed. It might happen when you press a key nearby or something, I don't know. But just take a look under and clean it.

If that doesn't work, your keyboard might just be screwed. Uninstall all the drivers and stuff, and then reinstall everything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:49 pm
Areida says...

*salutes*

I will definitely try that. Thanks, guys!

*throws virtual cookies*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus