z

Young Writers Society

Seen Any Movies Lately?

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:51 pm
Lollipop says...

I saw the grudge and I think it's awesome too! I saw Meet the Fockers and it was really bad:1/10 rating.
I can't wait to see the Ring 2 but I'm too young to get into the cinema so I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD and video and I can't wait to see Boogeyman, Hide and Seek, Darkness and Creep. I love everything scary. I'm such a sweet, timid little girl. Lol!

~Lollipop~
Way hay!!!!

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:46 pm
nickelpickle says...

um...if you can get into meet the fockers, the grudge, boogeyman, you can see ring two...its just pg-13...Hide and Seek is R though...I am a scary movie freak too :)
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:18 pm
Laeorn says...

I saw Sin City the other night - I've never read any of the comics (or graphic novels for the purists) so I went into the movie without expectations. And I'd have to say, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time - and a perfect send-up of film noir, perhaps the only piece of entertainment to do it as well as the game Max Payne did a couple of years back. The deadpan voiceovers were absolutely perfect, and the style of the movie worked extremely well, black and white save for a few splashes of colour when absolutely necessary.

It was also extremely violent. I know several people who were put off by it, but I didn't find it as strong as it might have been otherwise - the black and white nature of the movie already obscures some of it, and the more graphic segments are all off-screen or completely shadowed.

Besides, who wouldn't pay good money to see Elijah Wood as a mute cannibal who thinks he's a werewolf? :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:29 pm
RiaBaby says...

I don't know if anybody talked about this because I only really skimmed the first page and the fourth, but Sin City was by far the best film I've seen this year. The visual effects were beyond amazing and the storyline....I just think it was phenomenal. I've heard a lot of people hating on it, which pisses me off, but seriously you should go out and see it right now. It owns.

I'm gonna see Sahara in about two days, I don't suppose anybody saw that yet? I think it just came out today. I don't know, it looked good. Plus Steve Zahn is in it, and I like him.

But yeah Constantine I thought was awesome, and so was Ocean's Twelve, despite somebody saying it sucked. Alone In The Dark was okay, and so was Be Cool. Hostage was watchable, but I'd wait to rent that or something, because it's not worth nine dollars.

I don't know, it's kind of really rare when I don't like a movie.

But did anybody see the preview for Stealth? That looked okay. So does the Amityville Horror, even if it's like the 5th remake. I'll probably see that...

Now I've talked too much. Bottom line: Go see Sin City.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:31 pm
RiaBaby says...

Laeorn wrote:I saw Sin City the other night - I've never read any of the comics (or graphic novels for the purists) so I went into the movie without expectations. And I'd have to say, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time - and a perfect send-up of film noir, perhaps the only piece of entertainment to do it as well as the game Max Payne did a couple of years back. The deadpan voiceovers were absolutely perfect, and the style of the movie worked extremely well, black and white save for a few splashes of colour when absolutely necessary.

It was also extremely violent. I know several people who were put off by it, but I didn't find it as strong as it might have been otherwise - the black and white nature of the movie already obscures some of it, and the more graphic segments are all off-screen or completely shadowed.

Besides, who wouldn't pay good money to see Elijah Wood as a mute cannibal who thinks he's a werewolf? :wink:

ahh you beat me to it! But I totally agree with you. Elijah Wood was totally awesome in it. So was Clive Owen, I love that guy. Great f*****g movie.

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:58 pm
lin night says...

Actually, I beat all of you to it.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:54 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I really want to see Sin City, but because its in black and white (with some color) I might not see it...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:24 pm
Zion says...

Laeorn wrote:I saw Sin City the other night - I've never read any of the comics (or graphic novels for the purists) so I went into the movie without expectations. And I'd have to say, it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time - and a perfect send-up of film noir, perhaps the only piece of entertainment to do it as well as the game Max Payne did a couple of years back. The deadpan voiceovers were absolutely perfect, and the style of the movie worked extremely well, black and white save for a few splashes of colour when absolutely necessary.

:o :shock: :o :shock: WOAH! I got to watch that movie PRONTO! Hey anyone watched Crow? Its an old movie, much in the style of Sin City. Really coool!
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:40 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Yesterday I wantched Napolean Dynomite. That was funny but stupid.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:40 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Crow was great. Although the 2nd one was pretty dumb. I can't believe Brandon Lee actually died making that movie.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:55 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Just got back from seeing Constantine, and I'm all hyped up, partly on Ribena, and partly because I really got absorbed in the movie and was actually suprised to get back to this world...I loved it, and recommend it :D
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:41 am
Areida says...

Woah. I just saw the Village.... it was really, really good. M. Night Shamylan (sp?) is the new Alfred Hitchcock.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:02 pm
Firestarter says...

I fell asleep in The Village.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:26 pm
Areida says...

Come on, Jack! Were you just looking for the big twist he always has, or were you looking at the subtle undertones and allegories? The latter made it much more interesting.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:59 pm
Firestarter says...

Maybe I was just tired?

No, really. I was just waiting for the big twist. I couldn't be bothered paying too much attention. In fact, I worked out what the "big" twist was before it was revealed. Nothing about the film made it interesting for me.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones