z

Young Writers Society

Seen Any Movies Lately?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 am
electricbluemonkey says...

"The Grudge was awesome"?!

Oh please, that was the worst excuse for the Ring ever.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:15 am
lin night says...

Speaking of The Ring, The Ring Two sucked. I liked The Grudge. The Grudge is Citizen Kane compared to this. The opening is darkly funny and falsely hints at a similar flavor throughout. Sure the movie is hilarious but not intentionally. Terrible script, uninspired direction, and let's not forget the horribly rendered CGI deer! Verbinski could have done ten times the job Nakata did here. What a joke.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:05 am
Kay Kay says...

I saw some of those but now all I want to do is get some candy and watch a movie.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Random avatar

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:45 am
lin night says...

OLDBOY (2003)

Just now making a limited theatrical run... check it out if you can.
The last 30 minutes are devastating. Far-fetched, sure. Damn far-fetched, I won't argue. But the big plot revelation (as the villain - an amazing performance I must add, even if he is too young - gave the requisite speech, I gasped "Oh..." in painful realization) is the film equivalent of a cannonball to the chest. Direction-wise, this is a phenomenal-looking flick with long panning knife-in-the-back action sequences and just the right amount of artful blood splatter.

THE SWEET HEREAFTER (1997)

Curious, contemplative film that no doubt requires more than one viewing to soak in.

LAST LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE (2003)

Strange and wonderful.

GUESS WHO (2005)

Bernie Mac can bring a smile to anyone's face.

DOWNFALL (2004)

Who knew a simple shot of Hitler eating his last meal could hold such power? Masterful at times, long-winded at others.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:48 am
Zion says...

EBM, werent you a bit too young to watch those movies in the first place? :roll:
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:15 am
Duskglimmer says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:What was Finding Neverland about? Something about a Peter Pan play right?

Finding Neverland was excellent. Sad, but excellent. Johnny Depp really did a fantastic job. The way I've always heard the movie summarized is that it's J.M. Barry finding inspiration for the play, but it seemed to me that it was more about his friendship with these 4 brothers and thier mother. It's really very sweet.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

418 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:37 am

Ring 2 is PG-13, Arvy. And if it was R, I would sneak in anyway.

Oh, yeah, the deer was the worst excuse for a...deer ever. It was so freaking stupid.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:44 am
Elizabeth says...

Johnny Depp is hot.

Last movie I saw was Napolean Dynamite but only the part where he was drinking eggs and after. I missed wat was before that. And in Science we were watching Apollo 13 which was sick because the lady and guy were in the shower and i buried my face in Alex's shoulder laughing.

then in health we watched like 20 minutes of the Natural, Remember the Titans and the Outsider. The outsiders looked good... and OOH the Medicine man... yeah with Sean Connary... it was funny the lady was like

I'LL SLEEP WITH LIZARDS AND TURANTULAS AND GUINEA PIGS BUT NOT WITH SNAKES!!!

Random avatar

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:20 pm
lin night says...

Sin City is a bloody masterpiece.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:27 pm
Areida says...

I loved Finding Neverland. It was awesome.

The only thing I've seen recently is the Pacifier, with Vin Diesel. The only reason I saw it was because my mom was paying me to take my sister and her friends...it was retarded, but then what else was I expecting?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

418 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:40 pm

Is anyone going to go see Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith. I am so going to see it. I heard that it was going to be the darkest Star Wars movie yet, and might be PG-13. Dun dun dun...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:06 pm
Areida says...

I am. I think it'll be the best of the prequels.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:25 pm
Elizabeth says...

my geographyt teacher want to see Hotel Rwanda because we were learninga bout it in like.... geography so does anybody know if that will come out any time soon?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:04 am
Midnight says...

I saw The Downfall last night. It was fantastic. I'm sure when I watch it again I'll like it less, but it just blew me away this time and even with the 2hours 30 mins running time I was gripped.

It's about Hitler's last days in the Bunker btw.

The black rose, I dunno but if you see a film called Shooting Dogs also set in Rwanda my friend Claire is the lead.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:54 pm
Firestarter says...

I saw Hostage recently with Bruce Willis. It was okay.

But not a touch on the Die Hard movies. About that, Die Hard 4!!! Hope they don't ruin it.

Yippie Kay-ay...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus