17%
Don't Know/Care
44%

Total votes : 63

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:04 am
Meep says...

I've had good teachers (and bad) of both sexes, so. I don't care either way.

Most male teachers are secondary/postsecondary. My elementary school had only one male teacher (but both principals were male, go figure); it's got a lot to do with how we're socialized based on our sex ... (*rambles*)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:59 am
KailaMarie says...

i have had male teachers that have been my favorite, but I've also had crappy male teachers. Same with female. I have had more female teachers, but i think i tend to like science teachers best regardless of gender. Just cuz they seem to be most entertaining. My last two favorite teachers were science teachers, one male and one female. so, i don't really have a gender preference.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:40 am
Archstormangel says...

Um
I had one male teacher once
In elementary school
Who embarrassed me and made me feel dumb
even though it was ttly unintentional
and my Mid school math teacher
Was nice
But I nearly failed his class D: Because it was math
So on the whole, I prefer female teachers. xD
Just because I've never had really bad experiences with them
Except my crazy spanish teacher in elementary
She was crazy.
Yeah.
:/
I'm
an Atheist, a young teen girl, someone who loves Harry Potter and hates Twilight, someone who doesn't see deepness in everything, a person who has never suffered from any diseases of any sort.
I'm average, but...

I'm still a writer.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:57 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I've had best experiences with female teachers. In 6th grade, my reading/social studies teacher was really disorganized and she was awesome. I discovered if I helped sharpen colored pencils, I didn't have to do much during the period. I know, completely wrong, but the class was boring. In 7th and 8th grade, I was lucky to have the same awesome reading teacher. I feel more comfortable with female teachers but there's no real reason.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 pm
Sakah says...

This is a tough question...I like them both but I find more male teachers to have a sense of humor than a lot of female teachers.

Although, my English teachers were always female, and they weren't very nice at all (I haven't had a particularly decent one since 6th grade, how sad...maybe this year will be different)

I find all science teachers (despite gender) to be awesome people. The same goes with history teachers (except for my 6th grade history teacher...)

The best math teacher I ever had (which was last year) was female, but my classmates (idiotic ones) gave her such a hard time...
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:41 am
romance otaku says...

Sam wrote:I tend to prefer my male teachers, but that's just because my nerdy interests are mannish. XD I think it's just that male teachers tend to be edgier, funnier, and have less of a "motherly" approach to things. Of course, there are a few noble exceptions, but most of my favorite teachers have been men.

same, but i have had some great female teachers.

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena