z

Young Writers Society

Post a photo (not necessarily of you)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:53 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Midnight:
if you think you need to insult someone to be funny, then your sense of humor is severely warped.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:49 am
Areida says...

Come on, it's not that big a deal...it's not like they were totally bashing Americans...it was just a little jab about the chair in front of the fire exit..gosh...LOL...I thought it was funny and I'm an American.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:54 pm
Galatea says...

Qi has every right to complain if the little jab offended him. Frankly, I agree. What on earth does a chair in front of a fire exit have to do with the safety in the US? It seems to me much more of a practical 'jab' to imply that school safety isn't what it ought to be. In a world environment that is increasingly unable to distinguish our dumbass government from the rest of our nation's population it is very important to be aware of what stirs up anti-American sentiment. One little jab may mean nothing, but it's just one in a series of background noises that inspire hate and violence against American citizens. (I know we're a democracy, but I certainly didn't vote for the asshole in power, and I don't want to suffer because the president I didn't vote for is a complete moron.)
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:00 pm
Shadow Knight says...

I was just mucking around. And I don't have anything against Americans in general.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:44 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

and I, as an American, living in a country with some of the highest safety standards in the world, was offended.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:01 pm
Midnight says...

No it's not, it's called satire. It's a whole genre, perhaps you haven't come across it....oh wait one of the biggest genres in literature I forgot.

I'm not gonna bother, one) I didn't make the comment two) you're taking it way too seriously.

Come on areida took a picture of a board saying 'Cows say Mooo' that's what this thread is all about. Being silly.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:07 pm
Firestarter says...

Please keep on topic...you know, commenting on photos, or did most of you miss that part *points at title*?

I apologise for my comment. I meant nothing by it, and I'm sure America has wonderful safety standards. You obviously don't understand my humour. As Midnight has pointed out. I make jokes that offend people, and sometimes you just have to smile and let your pride drop for a while. So stop taking things so seriously.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:43 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Most people who know me personally, actually everyone who knows me personally knows that ive got one of the best senses of humor on the planet. Its almost universal. If it had been about brittain, i would have laughed, but it wasnt, it was about my country and therefore it was a play on me, and i dont apreciate it.

This is a board with a wide variety of people. If it had been a sexist, racist, hetero or homo sexist joke, it would have been taken seriously by someone. In a world that is vastly anti american, as an american, i have every right to take it seriously.

Yes, satire is a huge medium for comedy, that doesnt mean that non insulting humor isn't funny. Jeff Foxworthy is one of the most successful comedians in the country, recently inducted into the Fryers club. He has made his entire career without making fun of a single person outside of his close group of friends who are right there on stage, laughing right along with him, usually telling the story.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:18 pm
Midnight says...

Yes, and his close friends laugh along with him. As you should have done.

Anyway off topic.

I'm going to find a photo of me at Glastonbury covered in mud.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:25 pm
Firestarter says...

Okaaaay....now for some pictures.

Female vocalist/guitarist of the Subways, just because she's hot. I love this picture.

Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:29 pm
Emma says...

Omg, sorry but...

OFFTOPIC

Please don't fight with me, yes, I'll be making a full of you guys... You are acting like you're all too old for all these silly jokes and comments, this aint the debate and serious discussion bit you know.. Lots of Americans make a full of Britain and its the same with any other country. We are not some 39 year old office workers taking everything into a serious matter! Now... Wait.. That was brads picture and he was happy, he didnt start raging that it wasnt the fire exit. He laughed. :D Now... Stop being so serious!

ONTOPIC

I love all the pictures! so for that I will send a picture of a room... In my house... YAY!

Later... Stupid camera.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:32 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Hmmm, yeah she does look hot, despite the fact that I can only see part of her face.

This is a figure I made for art

That's a photo I took of my eye when I was messing about with my webcam.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:47 pm
Firestarter says...

That's her face.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:40 pm
Areida says...

People that pretty should have to go live in a secluded colony of pretty people because it's not fair to the rest of us.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:49 pm
Nai says...

This IS the secluded colony of pretty people
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg