z

Young Writers Society

Odd Obsessions

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:53 am
Writer-X says...

This Misty person sounds like a phsyco. If she went to my school we would all throw rocks at her and probably call her "FATTY"

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:26 am
Emma says...

Okay, writer, don't do that. If you were at my school and said that to someone you would be beaten up. So don't.

And misty... Are you gonna take that?!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:08 pm
niteowl says...

Where are you getting this from, Writer-X? Just from her "odd" obsessions? That's absolutely stupid and ridiculous. Your immaturity and insensitivity is appalling.

As for your gift, I am reserving it at least until I hear a full apology. Misty Lynn is a nice, sweet person, and you shouldn't criticize her or anyone until you get to know them. By which time you probably won't want to criticize her.

To keep this on topic, here are some of my odd obsessions:

Teen magazines
Anything on VH1
Picking my nail polish
Popping my jaw
Bending down just the first knuckle of my finger. Can anyone else on here do that?
Reading anything I can read-posters, cereal boxes, other people's magazines, etc.
Doodling stars and smiley faces all over everything
Daydreaming
The computer(duh!)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:42 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Odd obessions:

Standing all the time (sitting down is evil bwa ha ha)
Reading everything in sight
Looking up everything LOTR related on the internet
Bending over and touching my fists to the floor (is that the same thing Niteowl?)
Looking at celebrities eye make up (I could care less about make up for the most part, but I'm always looking for something that would draw more attention to my eyes)
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:09 pm
niteowl says...

To answer Dusky's question, no. Perhaps I need to take a pic with my camera phone.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:23 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Can't do the first knuckle of the finger thing, but I can touch my arm with my thumb on the same hand, can anyone eklse do that? I used to think it was normal, so now I do it just to show off :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:32 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

my odd obsessions are *drumroll*
phantom of the opera
watching the history channel
watching ufo files on the history channel
VH1
anything american history
cracking my knee
i think thats all
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:58 pm
Nai says...

ewww you can crack you KNEE?!?!?

I can crack fingers, toes, ankles, back, neck, jaw... but cracking your knee... ow.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:12 pm
Bazoo says...

Little weird things I can think of; sliding my finger up and down the gaps of the buttons of the TV remote when I'm bored.

Also, I seem to want to split sentences into subjects, predicates, prepositional phrases, etc. when someone is talking or when I read a book. Odd.

I am probably way too obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh around people who shun Yu-Gi-Oh, and not obsessed with it around people who play. o_O

I do, of course, have an obsession with LOTR.
Last edited by Bazoo on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:14 pm
Emma says...

I love sliding my fingers down the buttons, I like see how fast I can go, or have little races, just shows how weird I really am..

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 pm
Bazoo says...

Wow . . . other people do that!? Sometimes I imagine it's a maze . . . or something . . . because I often get bored with what's on TV (except during Toonami).

I will not be out-oddified. HA HA HA HA ... oddified . . .

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:41 pm
Misty says...

yeah, writer-X, thanks a lot. HAhahahahahahahahaha....that seriously cracked me up. Any of my friends will vouch for me, I'm not fat! And ... hahahahahahaha!!!

don't worry you guys, he's probably someone from like, an old website i used to go to...though that doesn't explain the hate-mail.,

lol
this is funny

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:23 pm
Duskglimmer says...

When I get bored I stare at things until they seem to be moving. I'm not sure if it's an odd obsession or not, but it's what I do.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 am
DarkerSarah says...

Okay, I don't know if anyone else does this, but I think it spawns from writing all the time. I narrate my actions in my mind, lol...it's so weird! I won't even realize that I'm doing it and then suddenly I'll figure out that I'm saying in my mind, "Out of breath, she pushed her dark hair away from her face and laughed." Isn't that bizarre?

Oh, my gosh! I do that! Hahahaha...all the time! I'm doing it now: She got way too excited over learning that someone else just may be as weird as she is. Her typing tempo increased to about 1000 words/second...

Hahahahaha.

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:29 am
Bobo says...

I explain things to myself. It's funny when I can't think of the right word, because I'm just like, "Well, you know what I mean." Then I usually shut up.

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain