85 Reviews

Reviews: 85

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:33 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

and scared the heck outta me too!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:47 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Incandescence said:
You..you included Barry White. :smiles:

Yes, I know. And I did that for one reason...
:wink:

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Greenday...I have to say I admire Linkin' Park for their donations to the tsunami victims...they were on NPR, talking about it, and they apparently gave money right out of their checkbooks...not scamming, like other celebrities! though i love greenday, their songs get stuck in my head all the time. Blink 182 should be an option...love them too!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:51 pm
View Likes
IceCreamMan says...

The beatles are the only one on the list that I like at all. As others before me have said, those other bands are just moder crap. Modern "rock", as I am forced to call it, is a style of music that lacks depth and talent. My favorite bands are Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, and Guns N' Roses. These bands were made up of great musicians, who knew how to play their instruments as well as write fabulous songs. They made monumental steps forward in the progression of rock music. Then came along punk and alternative rock bands, who knew only how to play power chords and barre chords, and the ocasional single note part. They threw true rock bands out of the way as they captivated millions of americans with there boring, repetative, depthlacking, yet extremely catchy music. Thus began the reign of crap bands and the downthrowing of true rock.

Hopefully my slightly biased narrative shall inform you of the truth behind modern "rock*cough,cough*."
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:05 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I have always just listened to whatever's on the radio. For a good portion of my life this meant oldies music courtesy of my dad. I'd have to say The Beatles. Unless my mom's singing, then I'll go with Green Day. I don't know how anyone in my mom's house survived the 60's (when she reported sang karaoke to "A Hard Day's Night in her basement with a broom." I would choose the Backstreet Boys over that.

I don't really know the old Green Day either. The first time I remember hearing them was "Time of Your Life" a looooong time ago and I just found out that was Green Day this year. All I know is that I love "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." And "American Idiot."

Okay I've babbled on about something I don't know much about for long enough.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:41 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

Nivrana and the beatles for me. Greenday have become major sellouts, and are just as bad as GC. Plus, their lyrics s*ck. (Although in very few songs they incorperrate some poetry...sometimes) I'm a Nirvana fan, although they died after KC OD'd. And the beatles are forever. No question about that, they changed music--entirely. (Paul became a sellout after the band's breakup, but oh well.)
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:43 pm
Firestarter says...

Thus began the reign of crap bands and the downthrowing of true rock.

Modern rock does indeed suck.

Which is why I listen to Indie bands. Rock is consigned to the olden days. Guns N' Roses truly do rock, pun intended.

I've never understood the whole Beatles craze, really....their songs don't do it for me.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:07 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

I still love Pink Floyd. Bob Dlyan was amazing at writing lyrics...a true poet...but his voice just rubs me the wrong way...

Hendrix. That man could play.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:00 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

I have to say I admire Linkin' Park for their donations to the tsunami victims...

You said it like it's something no one else did. Oh sorry, wasn't supposed to say that. :Covers Mouth: I meant, "Whoopee! Now I REALLY have a reason to love Stinkin--I mean, Linkin Park!" (Please take note of my sarcasm)
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:13 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

sue me for liking breaking the habit. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady