z

Young Writers Society

Your Imaginary Sickness

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:53 am
bubblewrapped says...

Obsessivitis, also known as Butterfly Syndrome

Definition: A serious illness whereby victims become randomly obsessed with/intensely interested in something/someone and just as randomly drop this obsession after an unspecified time, after which they become obsessed with something else entirely. Attachment period varies, as does the intensity of the attachment, but it is usually in the mid-to-high obsessive range to qualify as a disease. Distantly related to SENIORITIS.

Symptoms: Increasingly erratic behaviour and unusual hobby choices can be signs of budding Obsessivitis. Individuals showing symptoms may also change romantic partners quickly and suddenly with no good reason, and/or fail classes due to diminished attention span. Report cards are one way of identifying this disease: sufferers will show sporadic good grades mingled with abysmal ones as their obsessions and intentions fluctuate. It is particularly prevalent where large groups congregate - e.g. schools or prisons.

Cures: There are no known cures for this disease. However, I recommend an intense course of literature-therapy, combined with a basic survival course in self-discipline and guilt-sensitivity training. This may help to control the spread of the illness.

Risk Factor: Obsessivitis is highly contagious. It spreads quickly through groups and may be contracted without the individual being aware of it. If you or your loved ones have or begin to exhibit one or all of the symptoms above, immediate isolation and seclusion is your only option!
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:50 am
Crysi says...

*blinks* I so have that one.

No, seriously. Like, one week I'll be totally obsessed with cards. The next week, I'm back to minesweeperitis. Luckily my obsession over Kevin seems to be semi-permanent. ;)
Love and Light

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:52 pm
Duskglimmer says...

lol. nice, Crysi...

I'm a Junior... and my friends are already telling me that I have senioritis... except, our definition of senioritis is
"the onslaught of freaking out over the idea of college". *shudders*

But I also have... Take-apart-all-the-pens-you-own-itis. I have personally taken apart and reassembled all the pens that I own... (except for a few, which I can't for the life of me figure out how to put back together).
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:11 pm
Bjorn says...

I'm afflicted with Corporeal Lieninitis and Ettinodeg's Malady (the funny thing is, Ettin is giant in Old English....).

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela