z

Young Writers Society

Outcasts?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:44 pm
sabradan says...

I'm an outcast....to an extent, definately, Well....maybe not OUTCAST, per se, but more of just a weird dude.

And as far as arabs/lebanese guys bieng stupid or not liking books, im not so sure about that....maybe its just the ones YOU hang out with? All the arabs I know are really smart and are very well educated/on their way to become very well educated.

For example, my freind Ibrahim (Palestinian) goes to George Washington University in Washington, DC, which is a very prestigious school.

Another freind of mine, Gada (her dad's Jordanian) goes to Loyola, another very prestigious private school

My freind Shireen goes to Benedictine, also a very prestigious University

and my freind Adil (Shireen's sister) is still in HS, but is the co-captain of the debate team and taking all Advanced Placement courses, and plans to go to (I think) Cornell. Of course I've never met any Lebanese, so it could be something having to do with Lebanese arabs only, but I doubt it.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:40 am
Jiggity says...

Or maybe its just the arabs (my age) in Australia...hmmm mind you im not sayingall arabs are stupid or idiots, for instance one of my cousins is a very high profile lawyer.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:42 am
bubblewrapped says...

I'm definitely an outcast. Or a cast-off, really. I have very little contact with the outside world and, to be completely frank, no friends except those on here and those from my younger (more outgoing) years who still drop me an email now and again.

Wow. I didnt realize how isolated I was until I wrote that.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:40 am
Emma says...

Whoa... I'm the same as bubblewrapped... I can't wait for summer, then I'll be out all the time! :twisted:

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.
— Pablo Picasso