Rave bust, Fascism at its best

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:46 pm
Ego says...

It's the principle of the thing.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:17 pm
Bobo says...

I have to agree with Hunter. I'm sure you have some valid points, Qi, but do you have to keep arguing with such an agressive tone? We had a discussion somewhere else on this forum a while ago about agressive and nonagressive debates, and you are definitely on the agressive side. You, yourself, have been upset at me for being a jerk and for offending others, and I admit that I do have my problems, but I was NEVER trying to be rude or offensive, while you have even admitted that some of your debates, at least, are meant to be disrespectful. Please, calm down and let's not get so excited over a stupid little news story- everyone knows they can be heavily biased anyway.

Personally, I can't have much sympathy for people who hide illegal activity under legal circumstances, and raves are furthermore against practically every moral and value that I hold sacred. Sure, police action shouldn't be so violent, but then people shouldn't be throwing raves either.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:25 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I'm suspicious.

For one, the video doesn't show police violence. All we've seen is a person being taken down by a police officer.

Also, the one credible news story (the others were blogs and discounted) has some odd quotes.

Witnesses, however, allege "soldiers" and SWAT members held "AK-47s" to partygoers' heads, punched girls in the face and unleashed an arsenal of everything from attack dogs to tear gas.

"At about 11:30 a helicopter began circling the party," said one partygoer in an e-mail to the Daily Herald. "Out of nowhere huge semis filled with National Guard, SWAT and the police rolled up. Soldiers came out of the bushes and rushed down to the party carrying M-16s, AK-47s, nightsticks and Tasers. They proceeded to attack random people and push their might around on people who had done nothing."

First, do police forces have AK-47s? I doubt this when the M-16 is far more accessible to law enforcement. These claims seem to be suspect. While there are a lot of blog stories on this, most of it seems to be a repetition of one eyewitness account.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are.
— Mikhail Baryshnikov