z

Young Writers Society

How is it going so far?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:28 am
Snoink says...

Don't worry about sucking so badly that it shouldn't be shown here. You should write for yourself and yourself alone. If you want to develop your technique, come here and post it. Remember -- this place isn't about displaying. It's about improving. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:18 am
bubblewrapped says...

I'm dead in the water as well...in fact, make that dead and buried. But! There is hope! For now that I am, to all intents and purposes, a free agent, I feel the slight beginnings of literary madness stalking me once again! I've had the impulse to write niggling at the back of my mind for the past few days and I have a helluvalot of ideas but so far nothing to show for them except two or three solid plots that I've been working on mentally for the past six (?) years. Most of these stories have the common elements of romance and betrayal, some are fantasy some are historical. The fantasy one is one that has been pestering me for a while...I keep seeing parts of it- characters, places, etc - in the books I'm reading. Makes it difficult to concentrate lol. My goal for the holidays is to write out a semi-permanent storyline (it keeps shifting on me, damn thing) and start doing chapter-mapping. Characters have to come as the story comes for me though coz I have found that otherwise the plot drives the characters, instead of the other way around. Besides, the damn chars (though formed in clay, so to speak, at the start) always manage to surprise me anyway. But I'm rambling. I'm off to start story-mapping. Toodles!
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:41 pm
Fishr says...

Term papers...Oh I love those; end sarcasm. I have not done much lately except stare outside and wishing winter would be over with. *grumbles* I've done some reading and watching a lot of movies. And oh ya, did I mention I'm waiting for winter to end? 8)

For writing, after much thought I think I'm going to take one of my pieces and tell the story several years earlier. Some feedback I received was.. "what? That's it? I barely got to know the character." :o So that being said, I'm going to continue the story, in hopes it will finally cement the main character.

Much, much work to do to prepare for this piece when I'm ready. A ton of researching(again). It will be fun, I look forward to it, once I figure out a direction and a basic plot. Then I'm golden.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:55 pm
Sam says...

211 pages worth of a NaNoWriMo novel that I'm currently adding lots to.

And then there's Hourglass...*sigh* which I would love to work on but I don't have that much time. Today starts Christmas break though, so maybe I'll do something with it.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:56 pm
Firestarter says...

Started a new story today called "Calibrating the Stars" to get me writing again. Just wrote a little of Chapter 1.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:00 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Working on Chapter 36 of my story as I speak... it's slow going. arg... *dives back into Microsoft Word*
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

I don’t really say anything quotable. Or anything at all on most days. I just quietly listen.
— KateHardy