z

Young Writers Society

Drag Me To Hell

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 pm
Emerson says...

I'm really hoping there are some other members who have seen this movie because I'm dying to discuss it some more! I saw it Sunday night and, boy, did it kick me in the butt. It was probably one of the best horror films I have ever seen. Sure, it was all jump scares! But they were so well planned and put together that even if I knew it was coming and expected it, whatever the scare was still scared the heck out of me and left me thoroughly surprised. The theater I was in was semi-full and you could tell, at certain points, everyone was a little confused: should we scream some more or laugh?

I haven't seen much of Sam Raimi's other horror films, but my cousin who is currently living with me is a big fan of him and he was the one who got me to go to Drag Me To Hell so I'm hoping to get a chance to see the older Raimi films so I can get an idea of what this guys about. He's certainly good at what he does... By the end of Drag me To Hell I couldn't tell if I really, really wanted to see it again or if I never wanted to see it again, ever. It was much more of a roller coaster than horror films usually are.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 am
Clo says...

Once I see this movie (which you make me want to do, as I've already established), then I will flood this forum with my opinion! Seriously though, I am planning on seeing this.
How am I not myself?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:56 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

This movie was weird, I like it! xD
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 pm
Dash_ says...

I was so scared I walked out after about 45 minutes. I hate scary movies, and gruesome stuff like that.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:38 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I went with Jack, Omar, and smaur, and enjoyed it immensely. For me, it wasn't so much a scary movie as silly gore, and of course Sam Raimi at his best.

:P
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 am
VeraWinters says...

I have not seen this movie but I want to.
I'm not usually a horror film fan but this looks very interesting.
Who is John Galt?

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)