Young Writers Society

I need opinions.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm
Jon says...

I'm starting my new novel today, "Star Light"
Idea/Plot:

[spoiler]It's about a girl, but just not any girl, she is Star Light! It is a fantasy that will be about a girl made out of everything space. She will have all of the energy of the stars and all the stealth/coldness of the in between. You see, every millenia a star is chosen by the Craft to be made into a Star Light. If the star chooses not to be transformed, then, another millenia will pass before a new Star Light is chosen. This millenia, A girl was chosen. She gets portal-ed to earth in the form of a human and she has to find her way. She can change into her black/space form whenever she wants to. However, if she doesn't use her power/Star energy, she'll be jettisoned back to the deepest depths of space and she will Supernova. She has a quest, will she fulfill it before the Craft find another? Also, when she uses her Star Energy she dies a little each time. Will she even survive to fulfill this quest? Will she find what she's looking for? Nobody knows, only time will tell...[/spoiler]

Prologue options:

1. The Craft will be in the woods and preform a spell to choose a Starlight. Thirteen members will do this and lots and lots of magic will happen here. Starlight will come down from space and receive her human 'qualities'. She will be given her task. Then all the Craft members will vanish with an explosion of Magic and color. XD

Or:

2. There is only three members that make up the Craft. They have all read the ancient scrolls of starlight and how every millenia one is chosen. It is the time and they all meet at a Temple of Selena, the Moon Goddess. They say a few prayers, a few spells as listed on the scroll, and sacrifice themselves. StarLight will portal there and form Human. She will see the scroll and read the destiny that all other StarLight have tried to do. So, she goes for it.

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hey Jon! *waves*

Uhh, I had a bit of a hard time following since fantasy's not my genre, but I thought it sounded good!

I think #2 sounds cooler. The whole "sacrifice" thingy and whatnot. Why not write both out and decide which you like better then?
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:11 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello! I would say two also! It's much more interesting. I'd follow music's advice and write both out, choosing the one you feel is better.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hmmm, in my opinion, the second one doesn't fit with the plot you told me. What you said was that the StarLight could not take on the mission if she didn't want to. In option two, she isn't really given that choice.

Because of that, I pick option 1.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Incognito says...

Hello there!
I would have to chose Option One! For reasons unknown. I know, how efficent. But I believe that it will be more awesome with flashy sparkles and magic, and the 13 what's-it-nots. It just seems more fantasy. Also I believe that would catch the readers attention and be shorter, which it should be because it is a prologue.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi