z

Young Writers Society

Write for Squills!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:16 am
Meshugenah says...

Yep, that's right! It's that time again -- Squills time!

All submissions are due by Saturday, April 4th! If you have any questions, please ask below, or send me a PM!

Please send all submissions to me directly, do not use the link under the Squills header.

Happy writing!

Mesh
Last edited by Meshugenah on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:21 am
Angel of Death says...

*scratches head*

Meshy? Do you mean March 4, 2010? If not, I think that's a typo because it's March 25...maybe you mean April 4th?

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

488 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 am
Meshugenah says...

xD Yes, I did! Thanks for catching that!

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:14 pm
Evi says...

Alright, I feel like a newbie all over again. :oops: I do know what Squills is, but, just for clarifications, what exactly do you accept for submission? Short stories? Poetry? Articles?

*should know these things already*

And the deadline in April 4, 2010?

Thanks. ^_^

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:36 pm
Rydia says...

Generally it's articles but there's also openings for member interviews, book reviews etc and quite often Bekah will ask someone to run featured works and that person will choose a poem/ piece of prose to be featured.

Feel free to correct me/ add to this Bekah XD And uh... let me know if you need me for anything =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Demeter says...

Evi, I believe the date is April 4, 2009?
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:43 pm
Meshugenah says...

Heather's got the right of it! Check any older issues for ideas on what we accept! And if you want to write, make sure you run it by me, so I know what we have to work with. That way, we don't have five member interviews, and no articles, stuff of that nature.

So, some ideas that've been used in the past! Member interviews, movie/book reviews, articles on other cultures, Pez does Pez's picks, but other "favorite" articles for the past couple months on posted work on YWS are always good, writing tip articles, etc. So pretty much, anything goes -- well, within reason!

I <3 Rydia

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:52 pm
Juniper says...

Ooers! Yay, I love squills! I'll totally scrape something together! :D
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

488 Reviews

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:46 pm
Meshugenah says...

Tonight at midnight PST is the deadline to submit to Squills, don't forget! That's 7am GMT, 8am BST. Though, since I doubt I'll be awake at midnight tonight, you have until I wake up and check YWS in the morning, so if you've promised me an article, send it! If you think you have time to write one, drop me a line to tell me, and get cracking! This issue's shaping up pretty well so far, but there's always room for more! Especially if you want to write any small articles: an excellent example from last issue, Pez's Picks!

Also, if there's any willing copy editors, volunteer before I volunteer you! ;)

I <3 Rydia

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:01 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Is a willing copy editor*

I missed the deadline for submitting an article - I've been busy working on a big project - but as the project is due tomorrow I'll be free for quite some time. =]

~JFW1415

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:32 pm
Firestarter says...

I'll be a copy-editor because I missed my deadline too.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley