z

Young Writers Society

Batman Begins and All that Jazz

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:09 pm
Guest says...

So last night I saw Batman Begins with my niece (remember my family tree's wierd), her ex, and our friend Heidi and I thought I'd start a thread here on the movie.

First of all I loved it. The casting was fantastic. I heart Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman...so yeah. First rate cast with a few newbies that really showed their stuff like Cillian Murphy as Dr. Crane -- creepy man.... Katie Holmes was okay, she is not fantastic in this particular role but tries valiantly to strut her stuff, but in my opinion was overshadowed by the Christian Bale (I can't believe this is the same guy from Newsies and Swing Kids). To top in off some old classics appeared on the screen too like Tom Wilkinson and Liam Neeson showing why they are still at the top of their game.

Another thing, when I watch movies apart from judging the acting quality, filming, and special effects I pay very close even more attention to the script. If its not a good script generally the movie isn't quite as good for me as it would have been if it had a better script. I have to say these writers did a fantastic job. This Batman has to be my favorite one. Not to dis the others they were great in their own right. But the script really showed its worth.

Over all I give a 4.5/5...really fun with a tint of sadness as in I almost cried at one point. The fast paced thrill ride it takes you on for 2 hr and a little over 30 mins is worth paying 7 bucks for.

To end this on a high note, the ever quote-maiden in me gives you my three favorite quotes from Batman Begins.

Bruce Wayne: A grown man who runs around the city dressed as a bat clearly has issues.

Alfred Pennyworth: I thought you said this wouldn't be about thrill seeking, sir.
Bruce Wayne: It isn't about thrill seeking.
Alfred Pennyworth: [points to TV] Then what do you call that?
Bruce Wayne: [looks at TV] Damn good television.

Bruce Wayne: [after being woken up by Alfred in the middle of the day] Bats are nocturnal!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:12 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

arrggg can I kill technology! that was me, yepyep I was the guest, this was my post and my computer said I was logged in. And I only clicked once so I don't know why it showed up twice....ahhhhhhhh...technology hates me.

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:19 am
Crysi says...

*grins* I just saw it last night at the IMAX.. Wow. Definitely one of my favorite movies. Those are my favorite quotes too! AND I WANT THAT CAR.
Love and Light

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:48 am
little x soldier says...

:P I loved it too! Nice
I guess almost anything...
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

531 Reviews

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:25 am

damn I want that car too...

hehheh..Does it come in black?
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:28 am
Crysi says...

*grins* Just think what you could do in bumper-to-bumper traffic..
Love and Light

531 Reviews

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:35 am

exactly :wink:
[Diefenbaker whines]
(Due South)

Got YWS?

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year