z

Young Writers Society

craziest night of writing you have ever experienced?

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 am
kevinxd18 says...

Well my craziest night of writing was in may.

Last school year in Language Arts we had a semester long writing project. (this is actually my starting point in writing , blah blah blah back to the story) I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my writing and hardly ever finish entries. Well we had to have 4 completed entries. The night before the project was due, i was up till about 3 a.m. and had started around 5 p.m. I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote. I didnt even have time to revise drafts (was a requirement) but the next day we turned them in. My project came back with a giant 100 and with a note from the teacher. "These are really good. You should try to publish." Yea, pretty crazy but also probably resulted in one of the best days of that school year.
Last edited by kevinxd18 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:35 am
Teague says...

A week before the end of NaNoWriMo '07.

I did the last 10,000 word stretch in one night.

It was pretty stupid, but I don't regret it. xD

And the night that it took me from the time I got home at half two all the way to midnight to finish the summary of a section for my Multiculturalism class. That was painful. =|

Oh, and **MOVED** to the Lounge.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 am
kevinxd18 says...

thanks for moving =D
im still getting used to all this
"Let you alone! That's all very well, but how can I leave myself alone? We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 am
Aet Lindling says...

I have a story similar to Razor's.

The last day of Script Frenzy, in which I completed over 66% or so of the goal. (and won!)
dun worry
it's all gun be k

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:23 pm
LolitaRose says...

I had to write a three page story for English, and managed to squeeze planning, writing, and revising in a one hour session. Got the best grade in the class and respect from the teacher, who I honestly think didn't like me.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:18 am
Clo says...

An eight page paper for HIS 199, done in two hours, with perfect citation. ^_~

More challenges to come, of course.
How am I not myself?

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:58 am
yoha_ahoy says...

25,000 words for NaNoWriMo written over the course of three days right before the deadline. And winning by 700 words two hours before the deadline. Can you say... procrastinator? :D

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:03 am
Ross says...

I had this weird dream one night at a friend's house. It was kind of like this "movie trailer." Lots of scares, screaming and psychological stuff.

When I went home after the sleepover, sat myself down at the computer and wrote 2,000 words of the start of my rough draft.

Can you say possessed or what? :lol:
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 am
Icaruss says...

I wrote for about two hours then went to sleep. Woke up in the middle of the night. Summer, so I'm sweating like crazy. Can't go back to sleep. I start thinking about things, whatever comes first. Eventually, I come up with a way to finish the story I was writing. I pop up the computer, my brother is snoring behind me. I wrote two chapters, about 3000 words each. By the time I was done my sentences didn't make sense, I had to read every thing I wrote twice before I moved on. I kept going though. The end result sucked. I fell asleep sitting down.

I've also written drunk plenty of times. Not very drunk, but a bit drunk. Everything seemed to go by pretty fast. I went through pages in what seemed like seconds. Some parts were good, some were not.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:24 am
unsterblichkeit36 says...

I was up until four thirty writing and almost fell asleep on the keyboard. that would have ruined my writing and the computer drastically. I had to go find gum have asleep in my mothers purse to keep myself awake. After that, i was asleep for about five hours and woke back up to write some more
-SaraRose

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro