z

Young Writers Society

english gcse? language paper 2

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:33 am
v12dude says...

did anyone do there language paper 2 for their GCSEs yesterday?
I found it quite hard expecially those describe/infrom/explain question!?!?
i mean the only one i cud even do was the dream world question how u meant to get an A/A* on that...describe your dream world!!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:59 am
Cpt. Smurf says...

I had paper 2 as well! Though I think mine was a different paper to yours - mine was all about teenagers *shudder*, and then a random question on the smoking ban.

Honestly, one of the boringest English papers I've ever had the misfortune to be forced to do.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:19 am
Esmé says...

Well, I didn’t really take GSCEs, but my test was an equivalent of sorts… I had to write a characteristic (is that the correct word?) of one character from a given book. Given books were two, ones which we should have read for school. Well.

Book no 1 was not read at all. We were going to do it only after the exam - before we were revising, and everyone wanted to go through material that “might” be on the exam instead of reading a book. The teacher wanted to, too. And so. Yeah.

Book no 2 was read about two years ago, and as it was a very boring (to me) book, I almost died when I saw the topic. I panicked.

In the end, I did write something. I remembered one character - one character! - from the book, though very dimly. I wrote the damn characteristic not knowing if the person I was describing was indeed called the name I gave him. It was quite… terrifying. And I think I made him a blonde even though blonde he was not.

Still, at least I wrote something. People who didn’t read any of the books wrote in the given space that they just didn’t. That would be 16 point lost, when the most you can get (from the whole test) is 50...

Not getting anything for that seriously messes up your chances for a good highschool. And since most high school recruit by a 200 point basis of which 100 come from the tests (we have too, one is math, physics, chemistry, geography and biology, and the second polish, history), not getting those 16 points would be bad. Really. The other 100 points is for grades, accomplishments, behavior etc.

But, if I didn’t have a free pass to the school of my choice, I’d be in hysterics. Seriously. I’d not be here. I’d… I don’t know what I would do. As it is, I am nervous, but… Yeah.

Oh, and we were supposed to emphasize the traits that they had as they grew up. It was morbid. Chaotic. Pandemonium broke out in the country, actually, because some schools didn’t do any of the books. There were rumors that the test was supposed to be canceled, etc., but nothing like that has happened. In fact, it’s a bit weird… no one really knows what is happening.

The results are supposed to come next week.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 pm
Spazztardchild says...

Stalker alert!

Poems: actually easy. But then again, I did Cluster 2 which methinks was easy anyway. Search For My Tongue + Presents For My Aunts in Pakistan FTW :P

Describe: hard but good fun! I wrote about a futuristic world with the sky being a city and the ground a jungle. The aliens had pretty coloured skin and metal armour for clothes. There was an elephant sized dog thing with many eyes. And ... I can't remember.

Don't netspeak, Mr Witham. 'U' know it annoys me!
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Graffito

It made me LOLums

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf