z

Young Writers Society

http://poetry.0to60.org / Drytear PMs

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun May 04, 2008 5:44 pm
Nate says...

For those who have been a member of YWS since at least October 2006 or so, may remember that the admin of Drytear, Adam, used to come here all the time to spam members with ads for his site. Numerous requests for him to stop went unheeded, until we returned the favor and spammed his members with ads for YWS.

Well, it kept him well behaved for about 20 months.

If you are getting PMs with a link to:
http://poetry.0to60.org

That is Adam, and he's back. I banned his IP, but knowing him, he'll try other ways. The guy is a you know what. I even tried earlier today to register on Drytear to ask him to stop, and I got banned within ten minutes. His fellow admins never stop it, and numerous web sites besides ours have complained about it. I have no idea why he does it since it reflects very poorly on him, and it doesn't even work. Drytear has been around since 2002, and YWS is already more than twice as large as it despite being around for only half the time. And we grow by the old-fashioned way: word of mouth.

If you are getting PMs from him, hold onto them for now. I'm busy trying to figure out how to contact his server administrator to let them know that he's spamming other sites. Some, like GoDaddy, will ban any site that engages in such behavior.

Update

Here's the e-mail to contact: abuse@interserver.net

If you contact them, include the domain name (drytear.net) and his server IP address (64.20.50.170) with the e-mail. Also, include the message you received.

I'm not providing a sample just because it's better if they receive 10 individually written e-mails than 100 copies.
Last edited by Nate on Sun May 04, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun May 04, 2008 5:57 pm
Aedomir says...

I'll be on the lookout - why do people do this stuff? I mean, surely it makes him really hated online. If you need someone to spam his in return, I am sure you will find penty of people ready to do the dirty work!

-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Sun May 04, 2008 6:36 pm
Kalliope says...

I got one of those earlier today. Tell me if I need to send you a copy or anything.

Hope we can get rid of him soon.

~Kalliope
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm
Sureal says...

It'll artifically boost his traffic. People check the link out of curiosity, but as the link was spammed to them, they only stay for a few seconds before leaving forever.

I guess he's like Nate in that he likes to look at his site's stats. However, unlike Nate, I imagine he doesn't care about what the stats actually mean, as long as they look impressive.

Googling 'drytear spam' looks like this - loads of different websites complaining about Adam's spamming.
I wrote the above just for you.

425 Reviews

Sun May 04, 2008 7:40 pm
Nate says...

Updated the original post. The e-mail to contact is abuse@interserver.net. Thanks in advance to all who send an e-mail!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon May 05, 2008 3:57 am
Alteran says...

Ugg, He gives Adam's a bad name.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon May 05, 2008 6:28 am
Kalliope says...

We're lucky to have you, Adam, to save the image of your name ;)

I sent an e-mail. Hope everyone else does as well.

~Kalli
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 pm
Teague says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:Ugg, He gives Adam's a bad name.

That's why you're Moogle. ^_^

You > that other loser.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon May 05, 2008 8:15 pm
Layleun says...

Wow this guy sounds irritating -_-'

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Shrugs*

I haven't gotten one (yet) but I will definately send it in if I do.

This guy looks awful. I refuse to click the link, despite the fact that my curiosity is overloading. :wink:

Thanks for the warning!

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2008 9:38 pm
Nate says...

meh, click the link. Drytear has a reputation for (a) poor critiques and (b) members refusing to accept any critique that is not 100% praise. Besides, I like competition. Especially when the competition is drastically inferior ;)

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 05, 2008 9:47 pm
JFW1415 says...

Nate wrote:meh, click the link. Drytear has a reputation for (a) poor critiques and (b) members refusing to accept any critique that is not 100% praise. Besides, I like competition. Especially when the competition is drastically inferior ;)

Haha, okay, then. I shall go and laugh at them all!

*Poke* You're site will always be better than anyone elses, Nate. :wink:

~JFW1415

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica