z

Young Writers Society

Hey can anyone here give me any advice?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:57 pm
Kay Kay says...

Okay here's the deal. I have a big problem and can't seem to find a solution as to fixing the problem. About five days ago, I changed over night. A bad change in my opinon. It didn't change who I was but made me realize some things. I don't belong with my group of friends anymore. I just realized it out of the blue. Ever since one of the people in my group who was like a brother to me moved in February all my friends have changed. I don't want to hurt anyone with this, including myself but I have no idea what to do. Does anybody have any suggestions?
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:00 pm
Zion says...

What excatly is going on? How did you change? In what sense? Have you considered the loyalty of your friends?
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:26 pm
niteowl says...

Changed? Like how? If they're going around doing bad stuff you don't want to be a part of, ditch them, esp. if they keep trying to drag you into it. If the changes aren't really that negative for them, then you probably should think this over carefully. Like Arvy said, consider their loyalty. If they're still loyal friends, there's no reason to ditch them.

Oops, I realized you mentioned two changes. I meant your friends changes. I don't get what you mean by you changed. You mean like a revelation or something? Meh, I'm bad at giving advice.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:43 pm
Harley says...

I think you should just take a step back. how long have you known these friends? how long have you been feeling this way? it can't have happened overnight so there must be some other reasons. maybe a crush, or stress through schoolwork? remember that if your friends are loyal they will care about you nough to listen. i really miss my friend ross who was like my brother, even though i see him a lot, it's not the same when he used to live down the road, before we moved. i understand how you're feeling but you've gotta take your friends into acoount as well. :wink:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:58 pm
Tara says...

Sometimes freinds go thier separate ways. But just b/c freinds change thier interests doesn't mean they don't 'belong' together. You should see some of my freinds, then look at me. Of course, everyone's circumstances are different. How exactly did you 'change?'
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

221 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:12 am
Kay Kay says...

I just changed...like Im not like them anymore like I used to be. I see things differently and am just not like the rest of my group. The real problem is that I have been friends with these people for 4 years...they are like important to me, but should I go on living this lie that I am like them? I really need some help.
--La Rochedoucauld

---Socraties

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:17 am
Crysi says...

I might be the only person in this group who understands exactly what you mean. I did that back in 8th grade. What I did is I slowly left the group.. Like I had a few other friends in different groups, so sometimes I would hang out with them instead. Now the group I was in no longer exists.. we all went our separate ways. I'm still friends with some of them, but I'm much happier now that I'm in different groups. You might want to try it. Falling between the cliques is the best thing to do in my opinion.
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:41 pm
Kay Kay says...

Thanks for all the advice...it means alot to me that you guys care enough to help me with my problems. I'll try the suggestions you gave me and tell you later how it works out.
--La Rochedoucauld

---Socraties

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:07 pm
Zion says...

Sometimes we just need to move on. It has happend to me a looong time ago. Like Crysi said, im in a new gruop now, and I feel happy and safe in a way. Its good to place your level of perceiving the world with someone equal such as yourself. "Who says that God does not play dice?" Make the risk. If you dont risk some things in your life you have uselessly crippled yourself. ;)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

221 Reviews

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:55 pm
Kay Kay says...

Well I tried some of the suggestions and then told my best friend who is in the group how I feel about the situation. See says she isn't mad but I've known her long enough to know that she is. I am trying to move on, but it's difficult. I just don't know if I made the right choice or not. I hope I did and that this will all turn out right. Thanx for your help.
--La Rochedoucauld

---Socraties

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson