z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of Zelda

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:10 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I don't play video games that much anymore (haven't picked up one since November now), but there's one video game franchise that I will always eagerly wait for the next installment; namely, the Legend of Zelda.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen the new trailer of the game coming out later this year, but wow...

I can't wait!!!

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:41 am
View Likes
Ego says...

It is reported as a remake of Zelda: the Windwaker, since many people were disappointed with the graphics engine of that game...
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:54 pm
View Likes
lin night says...

Hunter wrote:It is reported as a remake of Zelda: the Windwaker, since many people were disappointed with the graphics engine of that game...

Huh? I didn't watch the new video but saw some screenshots from it. Riding pigs looks awesome, though the skeletal creatures reminded me a bit too much of Maximo.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:59 am
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

I think the old Zelda: Ocarina of Time is better than any new game from the Xbox, Gamecube, or PS2 combined. I mean, thats some good quality game, not like those crappy ones that they make now. What happened to the good ol' days of the N64. *cough*cough*IbeatthatZelda3timeswithoutahandbook*cough*cough*
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:19 am
View Likes
Laeorn says...

The new trailer looks pretty cool, although I'd have to say that some part of me preferred the cool animation cel-shaded style of The Wind Waker over a more 'realistic'-looking Zelda game. Hopefully the new game doesn't drag like The Wind Waker did in the last bit.

I've been going through Majora's Mask lately, as I've had my Zelda Collection disc for over a year and have only bothered to make it through most of Ocarina of Time (as well as some of Zelda 1 and Link's Awakening). Majora's Mask is the next logical step for me, although I've doomed myself to a point by playing The Wind Waker first - the older games are just so rough around the edges.

Has anyone played Zelda: The Minish Cap, either? It's certainly not as fancy looking as The Wind Waker or the new Zelda game, but it's a lot of fun. If you made me pick a favourite, I might even go with it over all the other Zelda games out there.

418 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:47 pm
View Likes

How many Zelda games are there, anyway?

And, yeah, the Minish Cap does look pretty cool, although I don't really like the style they use (same as Windwaker) in it.

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:09 am
View Likes
Laeorn says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:How many Zelda games are there, anyway?

There's a great history piece here covering all of them. It's missing a couple as it was done a year ago, so Four Swords and Minish Cap are absent.

-Legend of Zelda (NES)
-Zelda II: Adventures of Link (NES)
-Link to the Past (SNES)
-Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
-Ocarina of Time (N64)
-Majora's Mask (N64)
-Ura Zelda (sort of released as the Master Quest version on the Ocarina of Time bonus disc)
-Oracle of Seasons (Gameboy)
-Oracle of Ages (Gameboy)
-Wind Waker (Gamecube)
-Four Swords (Gamecube)
-Minish Cap (GBA)

Plus the really bad CD-I versions of Zelda. Emphasis on 'really bad.' ;)

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:02 am
View Likes
Kay Kay says...

:D I don't play video games very often but if there is any game worth playing in my opinion is the Legend of Zelda. I've grown up playing the game as it were. So if you are looking for anyone to talk with about it...well you know where to find me. LOL!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:28 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

I've only ever played A Link to the Past all the way through. I played a lot of Ages, but I didn't have a Gameboy Color when I bought it, and by the time I got my GBA I was completely lost (played it on a friends GBC). Ocarina of Time does look awesome, tho.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:38 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

ElectricBlueMonkey:
*cough*cough*IbeatthatZelda3timeswithoutahandbook*cough*cough*

Reminds me of my brother!

Did you get all the Golden Skull-thingies, too?

Hehehehe...
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

418 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:44 pm
View Likes

Yep, it was a tough fight against those damned spiders, but I made it.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:51 am
View Likes
the_red_gem says...

Hey,
I loved Ocarina of time and The super nintendo version. Im currently playing Minish Cap. It is so awesome. That cap is funny as.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:12 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

I absolute loved Ocarina of Tiem but I didn't like Majora's Mask as much. My fave character would have to be Sheik. I can't wait until they come out with a new one for gamecube. It looked REALLY awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to say that Ocarina of Time looked better though... that was the best game ever
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet