z

Young Writers Society

Who Is Your Favourite Author?

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:18 pm
View Likes
Flemzo says...

Dean Koontz has been a longstanding favorite for me (and I nearly crapped myself when I got ten books by him for Christmas). Mitch Albom is my favorite editorial writer, and I had no idea he wrote books until I got For One More Day from a friend. And I'm a sucker for Lemony Snicket... I'm reading the final book right now. Other authors include: George Orwell, Nathaniel Hawthorne (this, of course, is before I read The Scarlet Letter... blech), Thoreau, Emerson, Poe, Stephen King, Lao Tzi, and the fabulous people at the Bathroom Reader's Institute (haha).

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:28 am
View Likes
HeadInTheClouds says...

I love Chris Wooding. Anyone heard of The Haunting Of Alaizabel Cray? That's my favorite book by him.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:41 am
View Likes
Chevy says...

John Knowles hands down anyday. Ever since I read 'A Seperate Peace,' I have been a changed woman, haha.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:22 pm
Jenita says...

Tolkien...(WoW! What a BIG surprise!!). Well that was a waste of 10 points... Oh well!

Ha, you'll never guess who mine is...

J. K. Rowling! :D I do love my nice fat Harry Potter books.

On the other, much less trodden path, I do like Mitchell, but she's not a favorite author, Gone with the Wind is a favorite book. Tamora Pierce is also good. And Orson Scott Card.

I love Diana Wynne Jones and William Nicholson, although they are horribly underrated.

Agatha Christie is amazing. And so is Shakespeare (duh!).
~HAKUNA MATATA~

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:51 pm
destinyfateacceptance says...

JK Rowling is obviously rushing her work... You can tell it.

Shakespeare, on the other hand, is undeniably great. He's a legend.

Paolo Coehlo is a die-hard positive-thinker. It's as if everything you dream will come true and the like. It's just so.... impossible.

Anyways, my fave author would be JD Salinger. No doubt....
Defy....

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:42 am
View Likes
Wiggy says...

Gone with the Wind is a favorite book.

You are my new best friend! *huggles*
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley