Dean Koontz has been a longstanding favorite for me (and I nearly crapped myself when I got ten books by him for Christmas). Mitch Albom is my favorite editorial writer, and I had no idea he wrote books until I got For One More Day from a friend. And I'm a sucker for Lemony Snicket... I'm reading the final book right now. Other authors include: George Orwell, Nathaniel Hawthorne (this, of course, is before I read The Scarlet Letter... blech), Thoreau, Emerson, Poe, Stephen King, Lao Tzi, and the fabulous people at the Bathroom Reader's Institute (haha).
Tolkien...(WoW! What a BIG surprise!!). Well that was a waste of 10 points... Oh well!
Ha, you'll never guess who mine is...
J. K. Rowling! I do love my nice fat Harry Potter books.
On the other, much less trodden path, I do like Mitchell, but she's not a favorite author, Gone with the Wind is a favorite book. Tamora Pierce is also good. And Orson Scott Card.
I love Diana Wynne Jones and William Nicholson, although they are horribly underrated.
Agatha Christie is amazing. And so is Shakespeare (duh!).
"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..." — Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"