17%
English.
83%

Total votes : 35

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Galatea says...

There were freshmen in my CP Algebra 2/Trig class...

I hate math. A lot. I'm horrible at it. The fact that I'm required math to graduate from a Fine Arts college with a BA in Theatre annoys the hell outta me.

AP Lang/Comp and AP Lit/Comp were so much better for me than any math course. My last year of highschool, I took nothing but english and fine arts credits. Hah!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:54 pm
Snoink says...

Still, math is awesome. For our math class today, our teacher sliced up an orange to show us about the area. We were computing the areas of stuf, including spheres, and we had to prove why the formula for a sphere is (4/3)*pi*r^3. And it was pure awesomeness. It turns out that integrals are a way of slicing up the orange to infinity and giving us a fairly accurate reading of area. :)

There's something beautiful about the simplicity of math, yet how complicated it can be. Mathmagicians were trying to play around with logs, and ended up figuring out some of the mysteries of the universe and solving what they thought was chaos (it actually wasn't). It's like the universe is dictated by the language of math. It's pure awesomeness!

And that's why God is so awesome. He created math! ;)

*does a happy dance*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:57 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Whenever I talk with people about Math/Science I refer to God as "The Ultimate Mathematician/Scientist."

Thank God for the Pythagorean Theorem and the Quadratic Formula! :P

Reviews: 4
Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:23 pm
chocolate-teapot says...

I would have to say that maths is my personnal fave atm, mainly becos i got a B in my GCSE mock exam, and i got a C in my English. I also consider mathematicians to be more intelligent, and any crap artist can write a story/poem. I should know, I've written one, and im as dumb as they come
"yummy, yummy, yummy, i got food in my tummy"

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:01 pm
Whatsarahsaid says...

I like english because other than those crappy tests, it involves being creative.
Alice&hearts;
"stay up all night with the stars."

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 am
Fishr says...

Math can bite me. In fact, if Math was a Coke bottle, I would love shooting it with my gun. I detest it with an absolute passion.

English on the other hand, while my very first interest is history, is my second favorite. I think it relates to Lit but I loved reading about Greek Mythology and some of Shakespeare's work, such as a Midnight Summer's Dream.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:14 am
Crayon says...

English, my one and only true love! No this year i'm making myself enjoy Maths, with the school system here in NZ i need to be pretty good in Math to pass year 11, oh and english too but thats easy! (apart from grammar and spelling!) *cough*
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:29 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I changed my mind...

You can't really paint a picture in someone's head by giving them

3sqrt4(x)= (x^x+4)(78/21x) + 3sqrt6/x+3

Don't try to solve that. I can't guarantee your safety. (In other words, I was just pushing random keys.)

So math is now the close second. :P

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:27 am
kiashana says...

I used to always prefer English, but Calculus is growing on me. It kind of disturbs me, actually. I still love English, except when we're analyzing poetry and such for the deeper metaphor or whatever. I don't write with a metaphor in mind, even with poetry, so why would Frost and all of them have done so?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:28 am
Jojo says...

We friends have frequent informal debates on this topic and I always take English. I find Maths good as long as I can get the answers correct, which is not a very frequent occurence, though it would be wrong if I said I suck at Maths. My teachers say that I've got a perfect brain for Maths but it's just that I don't have enough practice but I don't believe that crap.
The Football Freak.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:23 am
Elizabeth says...

Thing is... English is too easy for me and Math (we're like beginning this Trig thing) is hard so in the end it balances out, but since I want to be a writer not a math expert, English is my favourite.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:06 am
Azrael says...

This is my story:
A long time ago, like last year, I was good in english; I sucked at math.
This year, I was doing okay in english; still sucking at math.
Now, I'm failing both subjects :D Well...maybe not english, but I suck at it now.
My over all point: they both suck. And I just waisted 30 seconds of my life typing all that pointless crap.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:20 am
mystical*dragons says...

I'll definetly go for English, even though it is not my native language. I like English in both it's structural and creative aspects. In fact, I'm seriously considering lnguistics as a minor. Math is okay, I dont find it that hard, but honestly, I'm more of a creative sort and therefore, Math just doesn't appeal me. So, English it is! :D

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS