Young Writers Society

How to analyze and annotate books

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 11, 2022 4:11 pm
BeingRivy says...

I want to ask you a question:
How do i read and annotate better?
how can I write what the whole story or episode of the series is about??
I also need to find some questions I can ask about the characters or the synopsis of the whole story, so that I can understand the story better and apply what I learned to MY stories. I need to find questions that I can ask about the characters and the story. And to figure it out somehow.
What questions can I ask, relating to figuring out who and what story and/or characters and why do the characters or stories create these actions?

I hope you understand, and i apologize for putting in too many words... :?

I'm asking this question because I want to read and annotate a Spanish book about fairytales. I want to do this just the same as reading and annotating an English book. but i don't know how to do this without ruining the book or pages.

thanks, From, Rivy.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun May 15, 2022 3:02 am
Fishr says...

I don’t understand. What is it you want help with?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 18, 2022 8:50 pm
BeingRivy says...

As in I want to read a book but I really want to take notes and ask questions about that book, so that I can understand writing better and do character ideas and understand what average character is doing in the story or whatever book. What questions can I ask about the character while reading a story?
I’m trying to tell you how can I annotate books, meaning how can I read and take notes and understand the book or story completely?
Also how can I be someone who can understand books and stories better? I want to be smart just like you! And I’m not too smart.
Btw @Fishr, I’m sorry. I just want to make you happy and give you proof that I can be a writer! Just write to me an answer and ideas!
Answer these questions immediately because I want to read my books now, and learn how to write stories now!!!

Help me pleeeeeeez!!!
From @BeingRivy.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu May 19, 2022 2:11 am
Fishr says...

I will not answer a question immediately because you or anyone else demanded, first and foremost. Second, I’m not sure if I can help because I too have some difficulty deducing the language I’ve read, as in the words and sentences. Since then, I ask someone read out loud the paragraph to me. Then I point out the area where I’m still lost, if I am, and ask if the person could explain it again. Using pictures helps because I’m a visual learner.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom