z

Young Writers Society

Hello :)

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am
Fictitious says...

So I'm new! Obviously. I just checked to see if my spell check was on, because nothing makes a bad first impression like misspelling words on a writing community, at least I'd think so ...
So about me.
I've been looking for this type of forum for a long time, apparently the magic of Google was lost on me, but I finally found it and I'm super excited to get started. I'm not going to be good at this at first it took me an hour to figure out how to post a topic but bear with me and I'll get there eventually. I joined because I've been feeling a little directionless with my writing lately to the point where I've actually stopped writing completely, but this isn't just a hobby for me, its a life and I'm trying my hardest to make it work. Oh gosh ... am I tangenting? I'm sorry, ok wrap it up, I make up words and write awkwardly and I like people and I hope you like me and we should be friends, we really should, and ok I'm done.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome home Fictitious!

YWS can seem a bit intimidating, but take it from me, the water is warm and easy to swim in.

There is plenty of cool things to do on YWS that can help rekindle your love for writing. For instance, you can review a new work in the Green Room, join a Storybook, or even join a club. If you get lost, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Welcome aboard!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Fictitious wrote:I just checked to see if my spell check was on, because nothing makes a bad first impression like misspelling words on a writing community, at least I'd think so ...

That is a marvelous thing to hear.

Welcome to the family! I'm sure it won't be long before you figure why I call it so, and I hope you'll enjoy it here ;)
Also, lovely nickname.

I saw you already did some reviewing - that's great, and from what I saw, your advices are rather good as well. Don't ask how I know - I'm a stalker like that. I have my minions who tell me everything.

Oh, you will surely find your way around quickly enough. At the moment, though, our beloved founder Nate is doing some tricks and changing the site's appearance quite often, so don't be surprised if you log in next time and find something different :p

Writing is much more than a hobby to me as well, and I'd like to hear more about what you prefer (both reading and writing, that is).. Like, any particularly dear genre?

Feel free to let me know if you need anything, or if by any chance you happen to need a Mentor (to show you around, introduce you to people and so on), as I happen to be one of those.
I second Grif's words, the Green Room is always interesting, and the Storybooks and the Clubs are awesome and probably the quickest way to get some new friends. Except for Chat, of course, the Chat is always the first place you should visit for random talking and meeting people around here ^^

See you around ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm
Fictitious says...

Thank you both so much for the warm welcome.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 am
Caesar says...

Like what those above me said, welcome to YWS! Though I'm being less, ah, loquacious o.e

I will stress the fact that reviewing is important! It's also a great way to meet new writers.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

Hey, Fic. Welcome to YWS. :) I'm Cas.

I'm a mentor around here, so if you need help figuring your way around, be it with the site or with writing, I'd love to help you. I'm a rather old hat around here, I've been writing for most of my life but really got into it nearly six years ago, and I've been published thrice. I've also read over 300 books. I'm an overachiever, you see. On the other hand, I also had writer's block for a year. It's a lot like drowning, isn't it? If you want, I can give you some tips or point you over to the Uber Writer's Block thread.

I'm also quite the talker and my brains' like an encyclopedia, so feel free to message me to pick about in it. I don't much mind. Much. :P

A mentor, by the way, would help you about the site, answer you questions, give you reviews, and be otherwise helpful. There's quite a few of us around. The Buddy System is the club wherein you can find us. As of now, not too many of us have mentees and we all signed up to deal with 'newbies', so you don't need to be shy if you need any help. ;)

Otherwise, good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay at this magical site.

-Cas
My SPD senses are tingling.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:39 pm
elysian says...

I'd like to start by saying that I love your name!! It is very creative!!!

Now I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm Kamryn, I have been a member since December 6th, 2012, so about 3-4 months I have been here. ACTUALLY, tomorrow will mark my third month on YWS!!!

*ahem*

aaaanyways, I know a thing or two and I think I should tell you these things to help you.

Okay, Here we go, I think I should make the colours fun....

CHAT!!!

In chat, you can do multible things. There is an icon with a on it. That will allow you to change your colour of the messeges.

Also: If you see the white box to the side with all the people in chat's name, if you want to CPM (Chat Private Message) click on thier name, and a little box that says "Private Message" will come up. click that and it will open a private chat room. Just send a message and the chat room will go to them and they can CPM with you.

There are ways you express an action in chat.
If you type /me is very happy it will show up as *Fictitious is very happy

another action is:
/attack Lylas "weapon" and it will show up as Fictitious attacked Lylas with "weapon" dealing 56 damage! (967)_

another is:
/hug Lylas and it will come up as Fictitious hugged Lylas, healing them 56 points!(1000)_

I hope this was helpful!! If you need anything just ask!!!!

~Kam
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 pm
Iggy says...

Hey, there! Welcome to YWS! My name's Ariel, and it's nice to see a new face around here. c:

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Ariel.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Shady's wall is now the Randomosity forum in a nut shell
— alliyah