z

Young Writers Society

Bjorn: An Inside Look

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:20 pm
Bjorn says...

Why rated "R"? Why not? Am I allowed to say "****" here? If I am then this topic is officially rated R!

Oh don't worry I don't normally say ****! but I'm just in a sort of a good mood. I know there will always be words that someone will find offensive, but me saying ****! (which I just about never say) is just a way of showing people that the word's meaning can be broken and ultimately rendered useless or at least harmless. I hope no one is offended at my saying ****! or use it to automatically label me as a 'bad' person. Because if so then, my friend, you are bound to the chain that people like me shudder at the thought of. If you do have problems with this please say so here and we can discuss it as civilized folk, no need to call me a racist Nazi hippy, or Commy trash, or red Devil...or some other thing that has absolutely no relevance to my utterance of a so-called 'profane' word. :D

Hello! I was once known as Erethror on these most excellent forums (kudos Nate!) but now you shall know me as Bjorn. Compared to my peers I suppose I do excel in the intelligence field, but really I just see myself as a normal teen. Honestly, I know much smarter people than me-I'm a lazy peanut compared to them! :shock: Which is absolutely fine with as I am comfortable with the level I have achieved, despite my parents and teachers saying I can go further.
I'm a Croat, and subsequently a Slav. My mother is half Slovenian and half Croatian, my dad, as far as he can tell, is a full Hercegovinian (Southern part of Bosnia and Hercegovina) Croat. So my full family shared the same fate as being residents of Yugoslavia. However, my mother had a Hungarian grandmother so I am 1/8 Hungarian. Therefore my full family has also experienced being under the Austro-Hungarian monarchy at one point together. I am proud of my heritage! :D
I read alot, but that's just what people around me say (and some of them can't stand the sight of books...) I'm sure some (or most) of you read more than me. I guess you can say I just like reading, meaning I'll pick something up and read it. Tolkien is byfar my favourite author, and his works my favourite reads, though I enjoy works by other authers which I won't list here because many are well known and don't need an umpteenth repitition.
I like writing, but mostly for my own amusement and needs. I've not finished nor scratched what one can consider a serious paper or novel...yet! I'm getting there :o I've got three stories I'm working on, plus a poem or two besides (not to mention the tons of paper of free-writes and stuff). Poetry I enjoy, and I do write some, however I don't like to force it because it tends to sound choppy.
I doodle. Alot. This usually happens when I'm bored, or doing work. Flipping through my personal and school notebooks one will find doodles everywhere.
I like history. There are certain times and places in history which I concentrate on, which I don't feel like listing here now :roll: .
I have a sense of humour! I may seem like some drab, boring, peasant Commy Slav, but if you get to know me (pending you have a sense of humour as well) you'll see I can be as rowdy as I can be quiet and reclusive. I'm a walking oxymoron!
Speaking of oxymorons I am a Catholic in the sense that I was raised as one, live in a Catholic household, and have received all the appropriate sacraments up till now. However I revere also the ancient Gods of the ancient Nordic and Slavic peoples of Europe. You'll be surprised how much of the "old" traditions have permeated into the new ones, showing how much so-called 'organised' religion is not so uniform as it might aught to be. In Croatia the glagolit alphabet was used for some time in clergical matters until it was finally completely replaced by the latin script. However masses were held in Croatian to this day. I have nothing against no religion, except esceptionally stupid ones such as ones revering Satan. Please :roll: . They just revere him to be rebels, I revere Perun as a way of connecting to my Slavic roots, and Odin as a way of establishing a link to the Nordic world which I so much adore. That being said I revere God as well. I find the 'organised' bits of Christianity a little conflicting with my views; the Bible, to me, is also iffy at many parts and I certainly don't take it literally; the different factions within Chrsitianity (i.e. Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox etc.) I find contradictory to the whole. Instead of being a strong unified belief, it is fractured many times over and I find that this is Christianities failure to come to one solution over what is what. This is the main reason why I hate the 'organised' and 'institutionalized' part of religion. Believe in something and get over it. And also I believe everyone is entitled to their beliefs, be it Pagan, Christian, Islamic, Judaist, Buddhist, Shintoist, etc. A belief is a belief, and it has virtually the same affect and offers the same things in every part of the world, though it may use a different language, different names etc.
My favourite genre of music is Metal, and of course all of its manifestations. I enjoy J-Pop/Rock, Industrial/Electronica, Classical, and Folk too. But Metal you'll find me listening to more often than not. Oh no I'm not a wasted son-of-a-bitch who mindlessly mashes to death metal, no! Though I don't mind death/black metal, I prefer Power, Classical, and Folk metal because they sound refined, epic, and magical.

If there is anything else you need or wish to know, fire away! :D

Ah! Today (the 29th of July) marks the day John Graves Simcoe (I live in Simcoe County, named after him) made Toronto (York, North York being where I used to live) the capital of Upper Canada (modern-day Ontario).
And the 21st marked the 52nd anniversary of the FotR release in the UK!! WOOOOO 52 YEARS BABY!

Actually, you can only "cuss" in the literary forums.
- Mr. Mod
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:40 pm
Nagem says...

I have a really quick question for you. You said this is rated R, but it doesnt have that R on the previous page. Sorry if this is wasting your time.
I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. ~Mark Twain

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:47 am
Shine says...

Hellop Bjorn!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

126 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:14 am
Bjorn says...

Well Nagem I just noticed that, feh.

Hey ANI! Good to see you.

And a message to Mr. Mod (clever little name). I figured it would be bleeped out, but hopefully you understand why I did "cuss" :)
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

368 Reviews

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:10 am
View Likes
Shine says...

Mr.Mod funny name!!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 am
Swires says...

Hi there, hope you enjoy it here as much as YWS2
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

126 Reviews

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:07 am
Bjorn says...

YWS2...? I don't think I'm THAT new to not enjoy it at this point..but thanks, and hey!

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:43 pm
Dream Deep says...

Hi Bjorn! ^_^

126 Reviews

Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:17 am
Bjorn says...

Yo Dream Deep!

I just finished watching Farenheit 9/11, again, and I'd like to congratulate Mr. Moore on an excellently entertaining film, which proved to be humorous and educating at the same time. Some people will say there are fallacies, or inacuracies in it-I say they're ignorant. Mr. Moore presents information that has been presented to the public prior to them appearing in his film, and thus don't deserve to be subject to criticism and cocked eye-brows. But, politics put aside, it's just plain entertaining, and that was his goal from the beginning.

And Sonata Arctica are an amazing band! WOOO!

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:02 am
Sohini says...

Are you quite alright? You seem so unnaturally free about yourself!!! I mean, I always thought of you as a wonderful mysterious person. Don’t worry; you are still wonderfully wonderful-only quite a bit not mysterious!!
I still like the name Erethror and love its roots!! Well, you didn’t write much on your admired mythology madness-you could expand that bit. And oh my-you really take religion seriously. Then, it’s best I don’t place my views right now!!
Your family tree is so cool and complex. I’m jealous! By the way, what are the geographical locations of Croat and where exactly is Hercegovinian (I’m too lazy to look them up in the Atlas at this moment, so bear with me.) and sorry to ask, but who is John Graves Simcoe?
And hey, you forget to mention about cats and kittens-come on they deserve a place in your autobiography!!

That is really a lot about yourself and I approve your conversational writing style. I might suggest a few more paragraphs, just to make it a little more spaced-out!! And smiles to the smileys!!!
Meow, meow!! *happy dance*
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

126 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:05 pm
Bjorn says...

Hmm, perhaps this is a step up from my days as Erethror... I never really saw myself as a 'mysterious' guy though :) As for my mythology, trust me, I am working on that almost everyday. Mind you alot of it is still in my head, but with every new idea the pieces of the grande puzzle that is my mythology comes together :o I could post a summary of it here, if you'd like. I haven't really settled on a few things though. Do I take religion seriously? Not seriously enough to impose my beliefs on others, no. Feel free to post your own views, I'll respect them, maybe frown, maybe smile :)
I never really thought my family tree complex. Actually quite simple. Unfortunately I don't know anyone beyond my dad's father and mother, and my mom's grandmother and grandfather. Which is quite a bummer. Both my parents were from peasant families making a living for themselves on their own farms. Simple background :o Where is Croatia? Across the Adriatic from Italy. Or, as the teacher stressed in Croatian classes-Jugoistocko Evropu, or South-Eastern Europe. Hercegovina? It's the southern part of Bosnia, which is beside Croatia. Slowenia? Right above Croatia. All these countries, including Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia were part of Yugoslavia.
John-Graves Simcoe was the first governor of Upper Canada. Cats rule! BWAHAHA!

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:09 am
Fireweed says...

'Ello there! :D
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:56 am
Sohini says...

one more quetion, i'm really curious and if youdon't wanna see the hedlines "KAt girl dies out of silly but devasating Curiousity", answer please.

what did you mean by "*WOOOOONNNGGGGG* (that's a gong if you're wondering..." in my about the authors??

alright!! you got the cat madness!!
CATZ RULZ!!!!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

126 Reviews

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:12 am
Bjorn says...

Hey Fireweed!
The first question-I've no idea what you're tlaking about, HEY!^_^

As for the "WOOOONNNGGG", that was random.

368 Reviews

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:22 am
Shine says...

random guy,hehehe..(just kidding) :lol:

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos