z

Young Writers Society

'Ello From Delo

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:06 pm
View Likes
Guest says...

Hi! I'm Deloclya and I know quite a few people on this forum from other forums and have enjoyed meeting new poeple here!
I Live in New York state (not the city...not even that close to the city...though I've been there a few times!) and am an 8th grader at the local middle school.... 22 months EXACTLY as of today until I can (technically) drive!! ahem! sorry for the useless information...
Physical description? Not really needed but i'll tell ya anyways! Brown hair with reddish & blondish streaks that come out more in the sun and Blue eyes that range from silverish to greenish...I've got loads of freckles and I'm 5'3"....ok officially 5'2.75" But I like rounding up!
Anyways, I LOVE writing and have been seroiusly since this past july. I've liked writing short stories, poetry, etc. since i was younger but I write mostly fantasy now. I write the ocassional poem when i feel inspired but I usually can't stand my own poetry. I've invented one language (Runic Elvish that is name pending....) and I'm currently working on the creation of my second Elvish language...I also have to create the language of magic (with a complicated name) and slang words for my dwarvish & human races. I've created a mythical world called Arianui and it's 11,169 years of history that occur before story takes place and a mythology with creation story. I'm still in the process of all this and Its all just kind of simultaneous projects that I work on when I don't write chapters!
I would die without Music (LotR soundtracks, Enya, celtic music in general!), Books (Tamora Pierce-everything of hers -except the circle of magic- are some of my all time favourites!; LotR, Eragon...) and Writing my own stuff.
I feel really young on this forum too as many of you are 16-21!

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

I applaud you for being able to invent languages! One question that I have been wondering about for a while: is the language in your siggie yours or another? (Tolkein's Elvish perhaps?)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:43 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Yay! I :P :P :P love Enya. Also like Wierd Al Yankovic (think that's how u spell it). Have you heard his spoof songs? Quite funny, some kinda sick....
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

145 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:03 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

Yay!!! Delo's Her, too! :D (Lol, and in reply to Skye Demons question, that's most likely Tomlkien-elvish in her sig.)

I love Wierd Al! He's great! He sure does have some...interesting...things to say...
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:25 pm
View Likes
Guest says...

hehe yes I have heard Wierd Al- pretty funny stuff :) And the quote in my signature is in Tolkien's elvish as my Runic language isn't....my favourite and the one that I will use as tolkien used Sindarian is still in the works.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:30 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

DELO! WOw the HNE opened its HQ here as well. :P
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:34 pm
View Likes
Guest says...

Did it? The HNE...good times, good times...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:15 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Ah yes.. VERY good times.. :twisted:
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:16 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Arvandor wrote:DELO! WOw the HNE opened its HQ here as well. :P

silvermoon guild, i'm assuming? lol, i saw that thread..lol
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:29 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Not to mention stole the name.. *cough*

:P
Love and Light

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:22 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

No mesh the HNE, House of the Noble Elves
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:24 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

now i have to find it... lol
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

145 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:56 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Hehe, ah yes. The memories :P
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:23 pm
View Likes
Guest says...

The Silvermoon guild? Sounds interesting....What thread would that be under? I'm a little lost here, I should come on more often...

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:54 am
View Likes
Tara says...

~*Wanders slowly away*~

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela