z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new!!

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:54 am
Laina says...

Hey, everyone ^^ I'm Laina and I'm new here. I just found this site today and I was reading a bunch of the writing articles and advice and I decided to make an account. I write alot but I'm not sure if I'll ever post anything. I'm really shy when it comes to my writing, so... yeah, but I really like reviewing (I actually have a book review blog), so I might give that a try once I get the hang of the site.

And... yeah, that's everything!

Laina

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 pm
Maya says...

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

You shouldn't be shy about publishing your writing. Just go for it, you never know what people might say and even if it's bad, at least you can then improve on your poems/stories etc.
It is also great that you like reviewing things. A lot of people just like posting and don't both to review other people's work which is bad because then you don't know whether it is good or not.
I hope you enjoy it here :)
Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself? I write a whole heap of junk on my introduction thread and everyone commented and swapped interests and all that. I love your name too. Laina just sounds really pretty...my name is Maya and you say it like the month with an A on the end. Lots of people get confused and call me Mya instead. I hate that. LOL.

So yeah, enjoy and have fun. This a place where we can be ourselves and not care what people think of us because they don't know who we are and we'll probably never meet them. So don't be shy, post your work up and I'm sure you'll get heaps of positive reviews :)

May x

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:12 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Laina! I'm Chloe, but if you'd like to, my user-name or any variation of it would be fine.

I'm generally a very shy person, I'm very awkward and sometimes it's hard for me to meet new people. But with my job as a greeter (hence the blue username) I've found it quite fun!

We do have some rules here, though...

------->The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

--> Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

---->Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word. That also counts punctuating and capitalizing when needed.

----->: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

---> Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

I guess that it's for now! Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to critique something you've written, or if you need more help. :D

--Chloe
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:22 pm
kaiden says...

i know how you feel when it comes to putting your writing out there. kind of scary huh? i think you should just go for it. put them out there and show the world what you can do. as for reviewing, that's great! back in fictionpress i barely got reviews, i always thought i had to time when i posted on there or else i'd miss the big wave of reviewers lol

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am
Laina says...

Maya wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum :)

You shouldn't be shy about publishing your writing. Just go for it, you never know what people might say and even if it's bad, at least you can then improve on your poems/stories etc.
It is also great that you like reviewing things. A lot of people just like posting and don't both to review other people's work which is bad because then you don't know whether it is good or not.
I hope you enjoy it here :)
Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself? I write a whole heap of junk on my introduction thread and everyone commented and swapped interests and all that. I love your name too. Laina just sounds really pretty...my name is Maya and you say it like the month with an A on the end. Lots of people get confused and call me Mya instead. I hate that. LOL.

So yeah, enjoy and have fun. This a place where we can be ourselves and not care what people think of us because they don't know who we are and we'll probably never meet them. So don't be shy, post your work up and I'm sure you'll get heaps of positive reviews :)

May x

Okay, well, I love reading. I have a book reviewing blog that I need to update more than I do, but I've been gone a while, so I haven't really had the chance. I also make custom blogger layouts and headers as a hobby. I use twitter a tad too much (it's a great procrastination tool).

I love music like crazy. My playlists tend to be huge. My current one has 184 songs on it and counting and my blog has a feature on it where I share a song I like with my readers every Friday.

Uuum, I'm really bad at coming up with things like this! Haha. I... I have sort of light brown hair that has a bit of red in it from being dyed dark and then using ColorOops to get rid of that because it looked horrible, lighter blonde streaks from the bleaching to dye my blue streaks. Those are about a month old and got splashed at the water-slides the other day so they've faded mostly to purple in spots from the chlorine, and I should redye them, but I'm rather liking the purple right now.

And thank you for saying my name sounds pretty!! I really like yours, it reminds me of Gaia from the Fearless books which I always thought was a wicked cool name. Thanks for the welcome!

Vivacious wrote:Hey Laina! I'm Chloe, but if you'd like to, my user-name or any variation of it would be fine.

I'm generally a very shy person, I'm very awkward and sometimes it's hard for me to meet new people. But with my job as a greeter (hence the blue username) I've found it quite fun!

We do have some rules here, though...

------->The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

--> Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

---->Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word. That also counts punctuating and capitalizing when needed.

----->: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

---> Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

I guess that it's for now! Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to critique something you've written, or if you need more help. :D

--Chloe

I read the rules before I even posted, lol (sorry, I tend to use lol a tiny bit too much, it's a bad habit I'm trying to get out of), I'm a bit paranoid like that. I'll definitely do a couple reviews before I post anything, if I post anything, I don't curse myself, and rarely use them in my writing, and I hate that whole leet speak thing, and lol is the most I do, so I think I'll do okay here. ^^ Thanks for the welcome!

kaiden wrote:i know how you feel when it comes to putting your writing out there. kind of scary huh? i think you should just go for it. put them out there and show the world what you can do. as for reviewing, that's great! back in fictionpress i barely got reviews, i always thought i had to time when i posted on there or else i'd miss the big wave of reviewers lol

I've let exactly three people read something I've written and it was for a collaboration that fell through, but I'm working on something right now, my current project, that I might post sometime. Maybe. :P Thanks for the welcome!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 pm
Foreverlost007 says...

Hi I'm also a new member! I love writing my stories but there is no one to read/reveiw/edit them. Hope i can meet everybody here soon. Yours truely Foreverlost007 :smt020

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence