z

Young Writers Society

Hallo

Reviews: 4
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 am
shakira1187 says...

Hello,
Obviously I'm new here and so I'm introducing myself. I've always like daydreaming as a kid (only child and all) and so when I finally learned how to write I'd make the attempt to put those stories on to paper. Unfortunately I am always busy now and lack the motivation to actually type/write out my ideas.
I'm hoping this site will give me the motivation I want yet lack.
Outside of writing I'm a fairly optimistic/realistic person. Somewhat random and spaztic yet reserved and pensive.
Ummmm, I think that's all for now. Sorry, I'm quite hungry and it's getting to me. :D
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
- Carl Jung

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:38 am
bludragon525 says...

Hello!!!!! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!!!!! I'm Zoe, or more commonly known as Dragon or Blue.

I love daydreaming too. It helps pass the time in French class..... :oops:

Troubles with motivation, huh? I used to have that, but my wonderful 6th grade teacher helped me. The only thing I would recommend doing is writing a little bit each day, so then you don't have as much trouble getting writer's blocks and such. That seemed to help me a lot.

Okay, so there are three basic rules of YWS. Follow them, and you are safe from all harm. Disobey, and there will be consequences. Particularly the mods hunting you down and eating you alive! Just kidding. Everyone's really nice here, except when it comes to reviews.........

1) 2:1 ratio. That means for every story/poem that you post, you have to submit three reviews.
2) NO CAPS OR CHAT-SPEAK. Please. They do nothing except give people headaches.
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that contains swearing, etc.)

Um, yeah. That's about it.

So, on the the hard questions.......
Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!!

See ya around.

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:49 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Shakira and welcome to YWS! :D I'm Selene and it's nice to meet you. :)

On YWS we have a few basic rules:

-Please review two pieces of work before submitting your own. This is the 2:1 ratio when it comes to reviewing and submitting work, so please see to it that it's followed.

-Don't use chat-speak here, because this is a writer's site and we're all writers here. Spkng lk dis is a HUGE no-no here. Oh, and so are caps. :razz: SO DO NOT TALK LIKE THIS!

-Most of all, have fun! Yee be warned, YWS is highly addictive. You may find yourself posting late at night, unable to drag yourself away from the computer (like me! :D) and writing constantly. It's great fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Tell us more about yourself!

What's your favorite book?

Favorite author?

What genre do you prefer writing?

Do you have any hobbies?

Play any sports?

Poetry or fiction?

Do you like writing with pencil and paper or on the computer?

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me anytime.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:43 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Shakira! Welcome to YWS!

I hope you're liking YWS so far. Daydreaming is fun, and I think most writers are dreamers. We tend to have very active imaginations. ^.^

I hope YWS will help you find that motivation. I'm running low on motivation as well these days. I'll try to look out for your work, and review it if I can.

Be sure to review two other works before posting your own. Try to keep the ratio 2:1. Also, check out the help and support section if you haven't already. : )

Be sure to PM me if you need any help, have any question or concerns, or just want some reviews. I like getting PMs. ;)

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

"If fortis was here, we could have a teal party"
— Pompadour