z

Young Writers Society

Hey Peepsz.

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Jadoremoi says...

Hey people! (:
Just introducing myself, you can call me TJ which i'd like. I'm a girl, 15 and i'm new to this.
x

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:37 pm
Fortuna says...

Welcome TJ! I'm Fortuna, a relatively new member here. I look forward to seeing what you have writing-wise, and I hope you have a lot of fun here on YWS!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS TJ! I love your username!

Let's start with the rules, shall we? Here is a link to the rules of YWS:
rules.php
I know it seems like a lot at first, but they're fairly easy to follow. :D

You're probably wondering why some of us have colored usernames. Here is a guide:
Blue: Greeters! We greet the new members and explain YWS
Purple: Instructors. Their job is to give awesome in-depth reviews!
Light Green/Green: Junior Mods and Mods. They make sure we're all following the rules!
Red: Site administrators
Orange: Distinguished members, usually retired mods.

I hope that clears things up!

Now for some questions!
What is your favorite book/author?
What's your favorite genre?
What's your favorite food?

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:47 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

Cute display picture, and great username! Tu parle francias? J'aime le langue, mais je parle un peu seulment.

Anywho, back to English, welcome to YWS! I'm looking forward to reading some of your work! If you ever need a review, PM me, and I'd love to lend out a hand!

Also, if you're lost on the site, you can check out the YWS articles in the Knowledge base here. Or, if you just want some advice on poetry, writing, or grammer or research, you can click here. YWS is a fairly handy site with a Community Forum Section jam packed with Homework Helping Threads and tons of others, like an About the Authors sectrion where you can post about yourself! I really reccommend that, because it's a great way to make friends.

So, saying that, I hope to see you around YWS, and don't forget to write! :wink:

- Avery

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, Avery told you about the Knowledge Base, which is a really awesome place to get help, so that leaves me to ramble about two other great ways YWS helps your writing!

Will Review for Food, a subforum of the Lounge, is where people post threads saying they review on request. Look at some threads before posting on a few and wait for a critique. It's important that you read first posts, because that's where critics say what they do and do not review. Not everybody does everything. ^_^

The Instructors (purple names, as Winter mentioned) are the people you go to if you want a guarenteed good review. We have black members who do an awesome job (black meaning normal members without jobs) but Instructors are a group made up of good critics. Ask an instructor that posts in your preffered genre for a review so they can help you the most.

And if you have any questions at all, PM me. I'm an Instructor as well as a Greeter, so I'll answer anything. ^_^

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:22 am
Demeter says...

Hi TJ!

We've met in the Chat a couple of times already, haven't we? :) It seems you're having fun on the site, which is the most important thing. Welcome again!

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 pm
Bloo says...

Hey I'm Boltage, you can call me Bolt for short.

I see you already got some greets here. You got all the links to the good places. So allow me to explain two of the systems we have here.

As you may have noticed there are stars on the avatar display. These represent the amount of reviews the person had. They go like so

You might have also noticed the stars under peoples avatars, these represent the amount of reviews they have.

For Yellow Stars:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 reviews = 5 Red Stars

Along with the stars we also have names for people depending on the amount of posts they have.

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts (This gives a perk)
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts

And when you get to novelist, you get a custom title.

Now if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Though I see you got plenty of offers already.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:41 am
Snoink says...

Hey TJ! Great to see you on YWS. :D

Just out of curiosity... what exactly are you new to? ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain