z

Young Writers Society

Hey Everyone!

Reviews: 4
Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 am
loupgarouangel says...

Well, i've been a writer since thrird grade and picked up my first R.L. Stine Goosebumps book. Since then i've gone through tons of books, movies and TV shows that have all inspired me to create my own work. I LOVE the show Supernatural, have a ton of fanfics for it, so if you're also a fan, let me know, love to chat! I'm graduating this year and plan on saving for two years, then trying to get in the film and tv writing program at USC. We shall see how that goes. But, enough bout me, hope to meet all of you soon, thanks! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon May 04, 2009 3:19 am
Hannah says...

Hey! ^___^ Welcome to YWS, Loupgarou. That sounds familiar... what does it mean? ^___^ I know loup = wolf in French, right?

Anyways. =] Can I guess that you like to write horror stories? Maybe? R.L. Stine is super fun. I remember loving all the Goosebumps books, but especially the ones where you could choose your own story. D: I just wanted to live!

Let me point out a few teensy rules to you, too. =]
First off, we have a 2:1 ratio rule! =D That means you should review works from two other members before posting any of your own, okay? =] That keeps the circle of reviewing and critiquing going.

Also, be sure not to use chatspeak, since this is a writing website. =D Abbreviations like POV or MC are okay (point of view, main character).

=] Then, once you finally do post some of your own work (which you should PM me about to let me know -- the PM button is at the bottom of this post here), be sure to rate it so it shows up on the front page. If it is graphic in any way, or contains the F-word, please be sure to rate it 'R'.

Again, welcome to YWS! I'm Hannah! Let me know if you have any questions. =] My inbox is open to you! -claps-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am
Conrad Rice says...

Hi loup! I'm Conrad Rice, one of the Instructors here at YWS. If you ever have any problems with your writing, don't hesitate to seek out me or any of the other people with purple names here. We're all happy to help you out.

You like Goosebumps? So do I. Stine's twist endings always kept me coming back. I loved that.

Enjoy your time on YWS. We really hope you'll stick around and become a contributing member to the site. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon May 04, 2009 3:51 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya there Loupgarou! Welcome to YWS!

Hannah went over the three main rules here so let me explain some more to you about this wonderful site!

Everyone on here is very friendly and want to help you improve your writing. So don't take any critisim you get on your work to heart. Take it all in and use it to perfect your story ^_^

Also, make lots and lots of friends. We love friends ;) Don't be afriad to ask questions, nobody bites.

Although Hannah already explained it, please review twice before posting your own work.

You're going to notice that everyone on here has different coloured names. Let me explain them to you:

Black: These are the members who don't have a job. They just get to sit back and relax.

Blue: The Greeters. Their job is to make all the new membors feel more welcome and explain the rules to you.

Purple: The Intructors. They write the more in depth reviews.

The Two Greens: Juniour Mods are light and Mods are the dark. They look after the forums, making sure everything is in the right place and everyone is following the rules.

Red: Site Adminstrators. They make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. Of course there is only three, the ever respectful, Nate, Firestarter (better known as Jack) and Meshugenah.

Orange: Distinguished members (retired mods).

Can't wait to see you around.

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon May 04, 2009 4:17 am
Linx says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! We are almost like a family here. We love talking and doing special things, so why don't you click the link that's in my signature. :wink: We are trying to get as many people active in it as possible.

Here on YWS, we also have the point system. You have to have points to post a story or poem of your own. It usually takes about 150 points.

But how to you get points to be able to do that?

Well, you automatically get 300 points anyway, but you can get more points by reviewing other people's stories and poems. The most you can get is 50 points, so the more you review, the more points you get.

We love friends Don't be afriad to ask questions, nobody bites.

Well, most of us don't bite. :wink:

:D If you want any help at all, feel free to PM me at any time. Or if you just wanna talk, you can, too.

:arrow: These smilies are addictive, aren't they? I love them! :P

Feel free to use them, but not too much. 8)

I'll hope to see you around!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 am
Pippiedooda says...

Hello Loup! :D Welcome to YWS, it's a seriously addictive site I warn you now :P I remember goosebumps, I used to scare really easily though so some of the books gave me nightmares, I think there was one about a camera that told of horrible things that happen in the future? That scared me so much!

Anyway, I think a lot of the rules have already been covered but I thought I would point out a couple of other things to do on here :)

YWS has an amazing chat room that you can access through the homepage, everyone is really friendly on here so it is a great way of getting to know some of the members! You can also post in the About The Authors section if you want to give some more information about yourself or find out about some other members interests ;)

There is also the Knowledge Base under Resources that offers lots of information on how to improve your writing or if you are having problems in a particular area, it can help a great deal if you are struggling in a particular area or just want to perfect your writing style.

I write horror sort of stories myself :P if you would ever like a review for something you post, then I'd be happy to! Feel free to PM me any time and I hope you come to love YWS as much as I do :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Mon May 04, 2009 12:04 pm
loupgarouangel says...

Wow! Thank you all SO much for the warm welcome! I'll keep all rules in mind as best I can, I'm some what forgetful sometimes, so sorry if I slip!
Loup does mean wolf, werewolf to be specific, they are my favorite mythological creature to write about and create artwork with, what are some of your guys favorites?
I do like horror, but to be honest I love writing every genre, although a lot of my original work was lost when my old computer crashed :(
So, it will probably be a while before I post anything, which brings up another question, are fanfics allowed here? Sorry if I missed this in a post, but i'm just curious, totally understand if they are not for lack of being original.
I will be reviewing soon, I love to read others peoples work, I find it so intriguing to get a glimpse into the minds of others! I will also be hittin up the chat soon, I love making new friends and am so very excited to get to know all you soon!
And since I feel weird just talking bout myself, here's a few questions for you all...
Who influenced you most as a writer?
What is your favorite genre to write?
What is your favorite story you have wrote so far? If posted please put link so I can check it out!:D
Anybody here looking into writing for film eventually?
Thanks so much once again for the warm welcome, you guys rock!:D

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon May 04, 2009 2:47 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hello again! :) I love the topic of werewolves, I'll definitely be interested to read some of your work or take a look at your drawings when you do post them! I have been sticking with one long story at the moment which is kind of complicated but there is a lot of good work around here, take a browse, everyone is really appreciative of any comments you might have to add to their work ^^

Poor you about losing your writing! :( I don't know what I would do if I lost the story I have been working on :shock: Fanfics are allowed! There is a fan fiction section under writing so feel free to post as much as you like there :P

I love reviewing too (hence the purpleness) at first I was pretty nervous about posting reviews but once you start it's kind of hard to stop!

And in answer to your questions...
I used to love to read Anne Rice and I think she influenced some of my earlier writing :) especially when I used to write some vampire style stories. I think she has a great way with description, have you read any of her work? Is there anyone in particular who has influenced you?
Already answered that one ^^
Well I guess it would be the long one I am on, although I have no idea when I will manage to finish it!
I haven't thought about it myself but I'm sure there are people on here who are, there are some very talented members as I'm sure you'll find out.

You seem like such a sweet person, hope to see you in chat at some point! If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them :)
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon May 04, 2009 3:53 pm
mimimac says...

Alo Loup! I'm Mia and welcome to our large, wierd and all round awesome family we call... YWS! :D

Before I start, here are the answers to your questions:

Who influenced you most as a writer? Hmm... I'm not sure. Probably my best friend since I started writing before her... then stopped and she started. I then thought I might as well give it another go so yeah she did sort of influence me. :P
What is your favorite genre to write? Fantasy fiction me thinks. :)
What is your favorite story you have wrote so far? I think it's 'random part of a story' parts one and two.. and mystic. They both don't make much sense and they continue but I like 'em!
Anybody here looking into writing for film eventually? Don't think so sorry!

I think most of the rules have been explained... Dang it! Here are one or two pointers to help you out:

Check out YWS chat here:

http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/

However, read the rules here first:

topic19229.html

I would suggest going on 'group's at the top of the page and joining one! There are loads to choose from and they are an awesome way to get to know new people and join in all these activities. Check out 'the completely evil plan' group, it's basically a prank thought up by a member which includes a whole lot of writing. ;)

PM me if you have any questions or need any reviews on your work!
I look forward to talking to you some time! :D
xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 04, 2009 3:59 pm
Schemilix says...

Goosebumps! Oh my childhood.

They were awful, but so addictive. I rmemeber loving the 'make your own goosebumps' ones, though not a single one really scared me. They read like a six year old's ramblings but I enjoyed 'em all the same.
'We must break from this cycle! We must free ourselves from this captured legacy! And for that, we must embrace our end! In death lies freedom! - Evadrael
Ber Tataimel!

Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 am
loupgarouangel says...

Awesome stuff everyone, i'm so excited to get to know all you! I probably won't be as much as a regular as I would like to be, because of work and school, but i'll try and get some reviews in and some stories up. Thanks for everything guys! :D

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed May 06, 2009 1:13 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Loup Garou... OOh you should read Dresden Files : Fool's moon By Jim Butcher
They have a lot of werewolves in that book. (My favorite series ever... Plus Codex Alera by the same author. :D .)

Welcome, welcome.

Who influenced you most as a writer? Ummm. Jim Butcher. Me. Walter Moers... Me.... Umm, my third grade teacher... my my seventh grade teacher and my this years teacher.
What is your favorite genre to write? Hmm. Fiction, as a whole. Historical, Fantasy and other are my pieces of cake.
What is your favorite story you have wrote so far? My favorite.. I have favorites. Exactly three of them. I'll put one link here (Helping you get your points up: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic47202.html
Anybody here looking into writing for film eventually? To write a film.. Not as a living but I have written plays for my school.

It doesn't matter if you can't be here all the time. Most of us have school and our time in YWS is more limited than we would want it to be.

I hope I can review some of your works. You'll fit in perfectly, and I have a feeling that you just might become a instructor at some point (or a purp, as some call them.) :wink:

And welcome again.

LORD ANZIUS WUZ HERE :smt029 WHITZ HIZ PINKIEPHANT :elephant:
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

Fri May 08, 2009 3:17 am
loupgarouangel says...

Thanks Lord Anzius! I just posted a review on it, not to long, but I hope it's ok! I posted some other reviews as well, please, if anyone wants anything looked at, I would love to! I also posted a piece of my own, a Supernatural fanfic that I am very proud of, enjoy! :D
post554650.html

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala