z

Young Writers Society

young little newby

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:13 am
misfit-writer says...

Hey I'm BB, and I'm new to YWS so far i really love it everyone has been nice but honest it's what I've been looking for since well last year lol I'm in seventh grade i started writing seriously in fifth and to be honest my grammar sucks and i have awful punctuation well that's basically it what else do you want to know about some random girl :)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey! I'm thirteen too. Except I'm in eighth grade. So, here are some of the main rules here on YWS.

:arrow: Here on YWS we have a 2:1 ratio. This mean, you must review two works before posting anything of your own. It's only fair, right? The more you review other people's work, the more willing they'll be to review yours.

:arrow: Limit chat-speak. It can get really annoying. Please try to use proper spelling and grammar. I mean try. It doesn't have to be perfect all the time. Just don't use 'dat' for 'that,' or anything. Things like lol, POV, MC, and brb are fine.

:arrow: Rate your work. Rate it "R" if it has the f-word of graphic scenes.

Now, here are some questions for you.

What genre do you like to write?
What genre do you like to read?
What is your favorite book?
What music do you like?

Have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Good job on 3 reviews so far, I'm proud. :P

-More on the rated work: If you rate work, it automatically appears on the front page.

-Some members have several special positions here.

Red: Administrators, Nate is the head admin.
Orange: Distinguished members; past honorary staff members.
Green: Moderators
Light: Junior Moderators
Purple: Instructors
Blue: Greeters
Black: Normal members; you are one of them.

-When you post work, try using correct grammar please. It's annoying.

Welcome to YWS,
Colt.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! I'm 13 too.

Since the basic rules are laid down already, I guess I can explain the groups and the color-coded names.

Groups

The groups are all different, and very fun! My favorites are the Debate Group, The Novelists, and Character Development. I'll let you find out the rest.

Colored Names

Black; Normal Users. Like you and me! (for now ;) )

Blue; Greeters. They normally greet the newbies. You have already been greeted by one, thanks to mhmmcolleenx0

Purple; Instructors. They give really good reviews, and teach you how to be a good writer overall, and some of them have writing classes!

Light Green; Junior Moderators. They are assigned one or two Forums and make sure everything runs smoothly there.

Green; Moderators. They hang around all the forums and make sure YWS runs smoothly.

Red; Administrators. They have the most power around YWS and make sure everyone follows the rules. Don't worry! They are really nice if you respect everyone and follow the rules.

Orange; Distinguished Members. The official definition;

There is only one way to become a distinguished member: becoming a moderator and leaving the mod squad honorably. All distinguished members are those who are no longer active on YWS, but nevertheless have left their mark on the site.

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

[spoiler]PM me if you have questions, need a review, or just want to talk! Bye! ;)[/spoiler]
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hey BB.
Welcome to YWS as everyone else is saying. =) Cool avatar. You like manga/animes?
I'm in 7th grade too. No worries on the grammar/punctuation. If you post your work on here just give me a PM and I'll help you with all that stuff. So do you enjoy writing stories or poems? We also have art and photography forums if you like that too. Some other interesting forums are: Storybooks. Fun to join in and meet other people. Randomness. It's basically,well, random. Yeah, well explore the site and you'll find what interests you or not. PM me if you need anything. Welcome again!!!!
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 am
MysticalBlood says...

I'm 13 too! Well, I think you'll find youngwriterssociety a very pleasant place to share all your work. so hello! I am new, I joined about a week ago... I think. :? Anyway have fun!
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi BB! I'm in eighth grade going to ninth grade and actally twelve going on thirteen. I accidentally clicked the exactly or over thirteen years old button and I didn't want to know what would happen if I clicked the back button. My computer does strange stuff sometimes.

Anyway, since everything's been said, I want to say you can PM me for anything you need. I hope to see you around sometime soon. It'd be nice to just chat for a while. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:16 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Hey BB. Its nice to see that you finally found what you were looking for. I can see that nearly all the rules that you need to know has been mentioned. So, why don't you tell us about yourself? What is your favorite genre to read and write? What made you get into writing? Well, let me know if you need any reviews or help. Good luck.
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:40 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya BB, welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :D

Since it looks like a lot of things have already been covered, I'll go over a few other basic rules we have here on YWS.

~ Try not to "flood" the boards with your work. This means that you shouldn't post chapters and chapters of work all at the same time, or in different posts. Instead, post one chapter at a time and once per day. Posting a lot of chapters all at once discourages other users from critiquing your work and is inconsiderate. Please post chapters of work in the Advanced Critiques forum and make sure your work is at least 5,000 words before posting it there. This way you will receive a detailed critique.

~ Be considerate and kind at all times while on the site. This way you can make lots of friends and everyone will surely love you here.

If you have any questions, would like a review, or you just want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I've been looking for a site like this for a long time myself! I was so happy to find YWS. ^_^ A place where everybody is strange in one way or another. All in a good way, of course. ;)

So, another little tip is when somebody signs your guestbook, answer them on their guestbook. It makes keeping track of conversations easier. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

14 Reviews

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:59 pm
misfit-writer says...

mhmmcolleenx0 wrote:What genre do you like to write?
I mostly write poetry but i write fiction as well i never really finish my stories though and they're usually romance and of course i write essays and stuff for classes but i don't like that (usually)
What genre do you like to read?
basically anything if it's good i don't like books that have too much information i used to hate historical fiction but now i can sometimes stand it (goodnight, Mr. Tom...best book EVER maybe not but still) and i also don't like stories with to much detail i LOVE poems though xD
What is your favorite book?
that's a long list to chose from:
warriors
mortal instruments series
Dee Henderson's books
Incantation

What music do you like?
EVERYTHING except rap favorite artist: superchick other then that i don't know, depressing stuff :)

chasingcolts21 wrote:Some members have several special positions here.

Red: Administrators, Nate is the head admin.
Orange: Distinguished members; past honorary staff members.
Green: Moderators
Light: Junior Moderators
Purple: Instructors
Blue: Greeters
Black: Normal members; you are one of them.

-When you post work, try using correct grammar please. It's annoying.

Thanks I've been wondering about why everyone was different colors :) and about the grammar thing, I'm sorry i really do try i think i should have made my user name "grammatical_failure" lol but seriously I'm sorry :oops:

peanutgallery007 wrote:Groups

The groups are all different, and very fun! My favorites are the Debate Group, The Novelists, and Character Development. I'll let you find out the rest.

wow, I didn't even know about groups even though the button was right there I'm blind like that lol I'll probably join one, once I'm a little more familiar with the site

Storm_Bringer wrote:You like manga/animes?I love them!
I'm in 7th grade too. No worries on the grammar/punctuation. If you post your work on here just give me a PM and I'll help you with all that stuff.thanks so much i really appreciate that So do you enjoy writing stories or poems?BOTH!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 pm
J_Fang says...

Hi BB,

I can relate to the grammar and punctuation difficulties. They've always been my weak points in writing. A website that has helped me tremendously is:
http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/punct.html.

I'm completely new to this as well. It's the first forum I've actually joined with any intent of really participating in. Well, I guess that's enough rambling from me. I checked out you're art and it's fairly well done; you show real talent in the composition and color coordination. You should give Photoshop a shot if its available to you; I'm sure you could crank out some awesome work with a little practice in it (that is, of course, if you're interested in Graphic Art).

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya J_Fang!

Might I suggest starting your own thread to introduce yourself? You'd get more replies. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

14 Reviews

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:21 am
misfit-writer says...

Actually my daddy got me photoshop so now i have that !!!!!! but when i made those graphics i didn't
BB...check out my poetry and quotes site mobbpoetry.wetpaint.com

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:09 am
Bloo says...

Hi BB,

I'm Ryan, you can call me bolt, I'm 13 too, in 8th though.

I won't hold bad grammar against you, mine sucks too. But it has gotten better sense I joined, it will hopefully happen to you too. Spelling is my enemy as well, which is my spell check is my best friend.

I started writing around the same time as you, seriously though. I was in sixthed then, same year as you, and age, most likely. But I really started when I was seven, went from short stories to scripts, to poems, to books.

So yeah thats all I got, so see ya around YWS.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain