z

Young Writers Society

'Ello fellow writers!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:31 pm
Hecate says...

Hello !
My name is Stela and I live in the Uae ,Dubai (Although ,I'm originally from Bulgaria) . I'm 14 ,but I will be 15 this April ,so I'm really looking forward to that (and the cake) .Sorry ,I had to add that .

I like writing fantasy ,romance ,basicly anything that I feel like writing.
I hope I settle in and find people like me here ,soon. Okay ,for hearing me out people!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:57 pm
Theodorable says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! I'll give you a few rules around here so you can start posting your works.

1. You have to have a ratio of 2:1 for a reviews: your own work. A review is roughly 250 characters or 6 lines of text. Any less than that and it doesn't count.
2. We write in whole words and sentences, so try to not use shorthand or text words. You can occasionally use an lol, but try to keep them down.
3. You can rate your works when you post them and they appear on the home page on the left side of the screen. If your work has language or adult content then please rate it R because we don't want young ones getting into that stuff.

Okay enough of the rules. What is your favorite book, color, band?

And you can PM me for any other questions you might have. See you around!
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

100 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:14 pm
Hecate says...

Thank you for the rules.
My favorite book (currently) is Twilight. I've read all of the four books ,but somehow the first one is so much better than the rest. I saw the quote you have under your profile ,and it's one of my favorite quotes in the book, too.

My favorite color changes for random reasons and is usually different for different things. For example ,my room is a soft lavender color which was the color I loved last year ,but I like coral ,now ,it's a lovely color.

My favorite band was MCR ,and I don't have a favorite band at the moment.

How about you?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:43 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Stela :D
Welcome to YWS!

Don't worry about settling in or finding new friends - that happens in a flash here, 'cause they're all really nice :D (I am, too, just to let you know :P)

Whohoo, I seem to have a magnet for Twilight. Almost every thread I open mentions Twilight in one way or another :D:D
I enjoyed the books, too, but I have to agree with you - somehow, the first book is the best. Of course, content-wise, all the books are awesome, but yeah. I have to admit, though, that I sometimes don't like her style of writing at all ...

If you need help with anything, feel free to ask ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:27 pm
God says...

heyo,

Welcome to YWS,

Im God, and if the username offends you, feel free to invent one of your own choosing, I don't mind.

anyway. you dont have to bee sorry, we all like cake... at least I do.

hehe...cake...hehe

cake is good.

anyway, just have fun, its all good, i'm sure most of us are friendly and warm and cuddly and fuzzy...

not fuzzy so much, actually,

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Mix action-packed fantasy with romance and you have my favourite sub-genre. :D Just, no vampires. I don't like them.

So, you might notice people on here have different coloured names. They are:

Blue- Greeters! We make you feel all welcome to the site. We're also there to give you any help when it comes to learning the ropes, so don't be afraid to ask us questions. Lots of them. It makes us happy. :D

Purple- Instructors. They go through the work that you post with a find-toothed comb and generally rip it apart. Go to them for critiques.

Light green- Jr. mods. They help the mods out by looking through some boards.

Green- Mods. They make sure things run nice and smoothly by locking threads, solving arguments, ect.

Red- Admins. Nate is our beloved founder, and Meshugenah is his assistant.

Orange- Distiguished Members. They're retired mods.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

100 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:00 am
Hecate says...

Thank you for the very warm welcome everyone!
Everyone's do friendly here!
I already feel comfortable.
It really means a lot to me.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Stela and welcome to YWS! I'm writing this from a party in school and I gotta finish this before my friends come and drag me off.So, I see you,ve told us a bit about yourself.Have you heard about groups?

Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups made for people with specific interests. You can click the big 'GROUPS' button at the top of the page to find them. Try them out; it'll make the experience a lot more fun.

Well, feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm
Theodorable says...

Well, to answer your questions:

My favorite book is also Twilight. I'm obsessed with it at the moment. ^_^

My favorite color is an electric blue.

And my favorite band at the moment is Paramore.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:04 pm
Clo says...

Hello Stela! Welcome to YWS! :)

Wow, Dubai! That's one thing that's wonderful about this site -- writers from all around the world can connect and learn from each other. You'll meet people from sooo many countries here, as well as people who live not too far from you, which is always interest.

This website has a lot of methods of getting to know people. You can check out the Community forums using the tab on top, where there are many topics and randomness, and also there are Usergroups that allow you to connect with people on special topics (we have so many I can't even begin to list them!). Also, a favorite of mine, we have a blog section where each user can have their own blog, which other members can comment on. It's a wonderful way to get to know other writers.

Also, if you need to ask someone for help, we have various people you can go to. Here's the breakdown:

- Orange usernames are distinguished members, meaning they once held another title but no longer do.
- Red usernames are Admins, and they are the top dogs. They help keep the site together.
- Dark green usernames are Moderators, who help keep the site in order. They are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.
- Light green usernames are Junior Mods. They are seen a lot around the site.
- Purple usernames are Instructors (like me!). They are people with a duty to help others with their writing and give insightful and deliberate reviews on users' writing. They are available for help via PM.
- Blue usernames are Greeters, who help out new members and make them feel welcome!

And I think that's all of them.

I hope to see you around the site! PM me if you want a review or any help!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 am
Juniper says...

Hey there Stela! Welcome to YWS!

Wow, Dubai! I want to go there really, really soon. Hopefully, I'll be going there in a year or so :D. And you're from Bulgaria? That is so cool! It's awesome having people on here from other parts of the world. It beats watching documentaries about other countries; we can just ask each other what it's like there.

Eek! Fantasy? That's great! I honestly can't write fantasy, but I love reading reading good fantasy stories.

So! Everyone has run over the rules already? Great! You also might want to take a look at the FAQ, it's rather helpful, and should answer any immediate questions you have.
faq.php

However! If it doesn't answer your questions, you can easily PM any person with a colored name and they shall be able to assist you.

Alternatively! You can become acquainted with the buddy system, and have a mentor assist you as you find your way around the site. It's really easy: Just go here, and choose someone that seems interesting to you, and PM them. ;)
topic20053.html

I look forward to seeing some of your work around here! We instructors love to review, so we constantly need stuff to review, haha. But, remember the 2-1 rule, before you post, please do two reviews.

A review is a rather simple thing. All you have to do is go to a piece of literature, and in the reply box, write your review.

For a review, you can simply write what you thought of the piece, and give your feedback and support for it.

Often, you will see people, most often Instructors, dishing out "critiques". There isn't much of a difference between a review and a critique, but! In a critique, we commonly read over the piece, and point out any thing that looks like it may be an error. We give any tips on how to improve certain parts, paying close attention to mechanics, punctuation, grammar, spelling etc, and then, once that's all finished, we write a brief "overall", saying what we thought of the piece.

It's up to you to decide whether you'll write a critique or a review! Be honest, and don't be afraid to be slightly harsh. Praise is good, but not too much. Be moderate on both harshness and praise. :D.

By doing reviews, you earn stars. Here's our legend:

You start with gold stars:

5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

Blue Stars:

350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Gold Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Gold Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Gold Stars
650 Reviews = 4 blue stars, 1 Gold star
750 Reviews = 5 blue stars

Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1,050 Reviews = 3 Red stars, 2 Blue Stars
1,150 Reviews = 4 Red stars, 1 Blue star
1,250 Reviews = 5 Red stars

Pretty cool, huh? :D

In addition to that, we have ranks. The more posts you have (in other boards aside from reviews and such) The higher your rank gets. Here's our legend:

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000 posts.

I've heard that there are more ranks, but I'm not sure if they can be achieved or not. xD

Also! When you reach a novelist, you are then allowed to have a Custom Title, the bold letters below your name. You can edit that as you will.

So! Sorry if this seems ridiculously long-- I hope I haven't scared you away, haha.

Welcome to YWS! Any questions? PM me!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:01 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Stela!

Welcome to YWS! My name is Demeter. :) (Not really, of course!) I'm very happy to hear that you already feel comfortable here; when it means a lot to you, it also means a lot to us YWSers. It's really unfortunate if someone doesn't feel good here, luckily it doesn't usually happen, since people around here are very warm and friendly

Dubai?! That's great! You know what, one of my real life friends lives in Dubai, too! She moved there last May, and will come back this summer. It sounds very exotic and warm, I'd love to go there sometimes! How do you like Dubai?

Hahaha, cake is great! Hey, that almost rhymed :D Which kind of cake is your favourite? I like chocolate cakes, and I can do pretty yummy chocolate cake myself. There's also this amazing kind of cake which is basically a chocolate cake, but it has delicious currant icing and fresh berries on it. Haha. You can get at a restaurant here, and I just love it!

Well, I'm glad to notice that you've already done several reviews, and it seems like you're getting on very well! Hopefully you keep enjoying your time!

See you around, and PM me with anything that pops into your mind. :)

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 am
lysp23 says...

Hola peoples!

Poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just don't get - and never would get.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe