z

Young Writers Society

Hallo, wie geht es Dir? (Hey, what's up?)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 am
Claeren says...

Hey my name's Claeren (say it with me: Clare - oo - en. Got it? If not, say it again: Clare - oo - en. See?), or rather, that's my username. My real name is Genevieve Marie Noling, or Gen or Genna for short, but I don't like any of these, so you can just call me Claer, or Claery. I really don't care which.

I am a reading fanatic and more often than not, the reason I get bad grades is because I'm reading when I should be doing my homework...

I am an all-round type of writer as long as it has something to do with fiction. I mean, I COULD write a nonfiction book, but where's the fun in that? No made-up characters, no monsters fighting eachother for something that's escaping while they argue...honestly, that seems so boring. But as long as it's fiction, I can pretty much do it all. Horror, fantasy, fan-fiction, poetry too. I could probably even write a science-fiction novel, though I doubt it would be all that great, since I don't understand science all that well.

I am a complete and total klutz, and a catastrophe just waiting to happen. And my mom calls me "Hurricane Genna" since I'm such a complete slob (in fact, I probably should be cleaning my room right about now...). As you've prabably guessed from what I've already written, I am a HUGE procrastinater, one of the biggest. And you know what they say: "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." Hopefully that won't happen to me though.

Well I hope to become friends with all of you and see you on the forums!

==> Claeren (Snow White)
==> Just call me Claer

P.S. Would you like to join my usergroup? It's called FYI Agencies (Fountain of Youth) and I need 5 people to join before I can create the real thing. You can check it out in the Advertising and Information on Usergroups under FYI Agencies. Go and take a look!

<== Hurry and click, before they all die!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 am
Ares says...

Genevieve Marie Noling, that sounds classy.
Welcome to the yws. ill see you around.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there.

Nice intro.

Welcome to YWS!

I hope you really enjoy your stay here! And if you haven't read the rules yet, please do so. It's a must. And try reading the FAQ too. It helps a lot!

If you have any concerns, feel free to PM me!

~Casey
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Claer! Well, I guess I can do the rules! Yays! Here on YWS, we have a bunch of rules that you need to follow, but I'll put the two most famous ones.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means you need to review two works first before you post any of your own. It isn't that hard, so you shouldn't have any problem. Besides, it'll make people more inclined to review your own work. Nobody wants to review the works of someone who won't review others.

2. No chatspeak. That means proper grammar, capitalization, and spelling at all times. We're all (well, almost all) grammar Nazis here, so we might bite your head off if you're missing a comma. Just kidding. You can probably get away with a couple of abbreviations, but don't overdo it.

So, that's it for the rules. I see you've already told us a bit about yourself. So, what/who do you like to read? What interests in movies and music do you have? What other hobbies do you enjoy? Other stuff that you want to put in. Well, that's it for now. I hope to see you around soon! See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:19 pm
Meep(: says...

Hallo Claeren!
Willkommen in der YWS Familie!
Wir freuen uns, dass Sie hier sind :D
Ich gehe davon aus, dass Sie aus Deutschland?
~Forgive my rusty German XD

Feel free to PM me if you've got anything burning questions, yeah? :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Procrastination only gets worse once you join YWS. This place is addicting.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:45 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hey, welcome, Claeren! I'd just like to personally recommend you take your name off the forums. The welcome forums are viewable to people who aren't logged in, I believe, and it would be really bad to have your personal information available to the public.

Otherwise, oh boo, some nonfiction is really good. :D One of my favorite nonfiction authors is Bill Bryson (if you get the chance, check his works out. He's hilarious!), and biographies are always interesting. Well, you've mentioned what you like to write and that you're a book nerd, but what do you read? :)

PM me if you have any questions, and welcome!

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:43 am
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS Claery!
I shall introduce myself as Incognito, the Stealthiest of the Stealthy. It seems the other greeters and people never told you about the coloured names... Well, I guess that job is left for me!

Light Blue ---> The Greeters. These are the people who welcome the new people (like you) and tell them the basic rules of the site. They tell you any hints but mainly they will just try to make you feel as welcome as possible. We love to get more people to join the family!
Purple ---> The Instructors. These are the people who give out in depth reviews and are incredibly writers. They give out great tips and would love to help you if you have any issue. We are all friendly here so feel free to ask any of us.
Light Green and Dark Green ---> The Junior Moderators and the Moderators. The Junior Moderators are the people who are in training to become a Moderator. They usually have to be nominated for the position. Moderators are the people who roam the posts making sure we are all abiding by the rules. They will give out warnings and are like ever going Police officers.
Red ---> The Admins. These are the people who created the site (Nate) and keep it running, giving it occasional updates and keeping proper maitenance.
Orange ---> The Distinguished Members. These people usually have been on this site for a long time. They are usually distinguished for a reason like they were a retired Moderator or something like that.

Well that is enough ranting about the colours.

Oh, what a shame. It is appeared that there is someone else on this website that is as much as a procrastinator as I. I am horrible. A lot of times, I just don't even end up doing my work. I still get good marks, because that is what you get for being a teachers pet and being extremely good at making up excuses on the spot.

Well, it was nice meeting you and I would not mind at all to be your friend. If you need any help just PM me.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

NO U
— Carina