z

Young Writers Society

Hi. Name's Mike. Glad to be here. Please don't eat me.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:19 am
View Likes
mikepyro says...

Hey everyone, nice to be here. glad to meet everyone. I'm michael, 18 year old writer. been published a few times, also a member of abctales and writerscafe. this is my first time on this site. I have three stories up now if you wanna check em out.

I came to this site on rather unfortunate circumstances, after finding out a story of mine had been plagerized by a member of the site (who is no longer here, but I will not embarass her by saying the name) but I've decided to stay a while and check this place out.

I already know I'm awesome, no need to tell me. :D
send me a message if you feel like talking, wanna be friends, or want a review on your work. I'll be happy to oblige.

god bless.
Mike.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:32 am
tori1234 says...

hey Mike! I'm glad you've joined! Sorry about that person stealing your work! I know you'll love this site, I know I do!

I just wanted to let you know about some of the rules:
For every work of yours you post, you have to review at least two other people's works.

Have fun!

Keep writing!

God bless!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 am
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas Mike! Can I call you that? Anyway, I'm Vyper, as people have taken to calling me that. Plaigarism? Oh dear, that's happened before. Quite extreme circumstances. Well, before anything else, gotta explain the rules. Here on YWS, we have two rules that you must follow at all times.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for every work that you intend to post, you must review two works beforehand. That mkes sure that everyone gets a review, and people will be more inclined to review your work if you reviewed theirs.

2. No chatspeak. We're all writers here, right? So, proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization at all times. Yes, even in the chatroom. Well, if it's ever going to be opened again. We're pretty much grammar freaks.

Well, that's it for the major rules. Time for interrogation! What are your favorite authors/books/movies/music/color/genre/etcetera? So, hope to see you around! Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:40 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, it seems that you've understood the concept of rating works! Definitely keep it up. Rated works show up on the front page of YWS unless they are rated R. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes. In fact, if you use the f-word, your work must be rated R. It's in the rules.

Also, just as an aside, it's not a good idea to post more then one thing per day. I know it can be exiting and you just want to get reviews, but if a reviewer sees only your work without any comments, then they might not review.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:44 am
Juniper says...

Hey Mike!

Welcome to YWS! I'm June (as if you don't know that already... :P). Anywhoo!

Vyper has touched on the 2:1 policy and the no chatspeak rule. The only other important things to pay attention to is:

• Rating your work: If your work is good, rate it G; if it has violence or mild swearing, rate it PG-13; if it contains the F word and explicit content, rate it R.

Works that are rated G or PG-13 will show up on the homepage. Works that are rated R or no rating will not.

Also! You will see some people with colored names around the site. Here's the legend:

• Red = Admins/Junior Admin. There are only two people with red names here; Nate (the site owner) and Meshugenah. These two people make the gears of this place turn and make sure that this place works perfectly.

• Green (Dark) = Moderators. These are the people who manage the boards and make sure everything stays under control.

• Green (light) = Junior Moderators. These people manage certain areas of the site (like certain boards and such)

• Purple = Instructors. These people are here to give you in depth reviews on your work.You're welcome to bug us for critiques :D.

• Light Blue = Greeters. These people welcome new comers to the site and explain how it functions.

Also! You will see a few orange members around here. These are retired mods/and or admins.

Again, sorry that you had to find this site on poor circumstances, but I assure you you'll fit in perfectly here.

Published? :P I'm only halfway jealous of you :P. That's great!

Sounds like an awesome person has joined us indeed!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:56 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Mike! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Oh I'm terribly sorry to hear that a member of this site plagiarized your work! That's awful. Just so you know said user has been banned and it is not at all common to find plagiarized work on this site. We are generally a wonderful group of writers. More like a big family.

Anyway, the rules and have been explained. You've gotten works published? I envy you. What genre are they?

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 am
niteowl says...

Hi Mike! I already reviewed one of your stories, which is pretty amazing because I have an incredibly short attention...OMG look a mouse! :P Sorry, temporarily forgot that my roommate has a mouse. :D Anyway, I'll second whoever said don't post more than one piece at a time. It's annoying and makes it harder for other people's work to be seen.

Okay, now on to my favorite part of being a Greeter...gift-giving! Charlie?

CONGRATULATIONS MIKEPYRO! WAIT, YOU'RE A PYRO?!! AH!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BLOW ME UP! ANYWAY, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:02 am
Meep(: says...

*eats Mike up*
Hey there, welcome to my stomach.
Hope you enjoy swimming in the hydrochloric acid.

Oh, and welcoem to YWS as well :D
~Feel free to PM me if you've got any questions.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:27 am
JMSmith says...

Ugh. Tough way to start but welcome!
I'm also very new here, but I can tell you that anything that the people above me haven't explained, can be told in the Help & Support forum. I don't mean to be captain obvious but it isnt that easy to just click around and figure it out. If you havent looked the H&S forum over already, I suggest you do.
Anyway, welcome again and I hope you enjoy your time here.

120 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:10 am
mikepyro says...

this is a late reply indeed but I do appreciate all the kind welcomes everyone has shown me.
you're all so adequate! :D

120 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:12 am
mikepyro says...

sorry for the late reply. just like to thank all of ya'll for the warm welcomes.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:16 pm
Meep(: says...

mikepyro wrote:sorry for the late reply. just like to thank all of ya'll for the warm welcomes.

Pshaw, only just adequate?
We're more than that. We're Pure Awesomeness :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 pm
ThienThienThien says...

Hi Mike and welcome to Young Writers Society! (Yes, I know you've joined for two weeks already!) :D

The others have already told you the rules, so I won't bother :P

Pshaw, only just adequate?
We're more than that. We're Pure Awesomeness

Just Pure Awesomeness? :D
We're more than that as well! We're Godly - Omniscient!
*Tries to find a better word but fails miserably*

ThienThienThien,
A Human Just Like You Are! :P

PS: Mike, you were plagiarised? I thought this site was copyright! What idiot would do that? I feel paranoid people will steal my work now!

*Quickly deletes all work posted on YWS*
Woot Woot! I'm Paraskavedekatriaphobic! LOL XD Are You?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 pm
Swottielottie says...

Hiya, and Welcome to YWS! (Or should I say, your new home?)

The 2:1 ratio has already been explained, so I'll skip over that part, and you seem pretty sensible with all that kind of thing.

What kind of stories do you write? Although, I could find that out by simply reading your work, I thought I'd ask XD

I'm going to go look at your stuff, so... erm, Happy Saturday!

Charlotte

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:47 pm
Chloe(: says...

Sorry someone plagiarized your work. By the way I'm Vivacious (Vivi). PM me if you have any questions!
*Takes bite*
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson