z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:25 am
Dally says...

Hi... I'm Dally(Real name Danny) and I'm 16 well 16 if you ask my dad and 17 if you ask my mum... I'm from England, but don't hold that against me. I have no Idea why I like writing, but I really love it! The whole Idea that you have made something that has a background and characters that you can get to know through out it, is really cool. And the funny thing is I'm not brilliant at English (so please excuse any dodgy spellings) But everyone at my school and that includes teachers, that I write really good ones... I think I've won every compatition my school has every had for fiction writing. But, then again it it a whole Boys school so I'm the only one that ever enters!

So, please PM me or prod me or something, cause I really wanna make some new friends!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:26 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS

Anyways, before I go on, let me tell you that there are two strict rules you must follow:

Number one: The 2:1 YWS ratio. Yes, you cannot escape math here. You must always always always review two works of someone else's before posting one of your own.

Number two: Minimize chat-speak. Yes, you still may use "lol" upon occasion, but say "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da." We try to pride ourselves on using good grammar like every writer does.

So what genre do you write and what are your favorite authors and books?

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:50 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A friendly reminder to posting your work: Please rate it. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the main page for all to see, and the more people see it, the more comments you get. :wink: Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Oh, I know what you mean about spelling. I couldn't spell worth a darn until I started forums. YWS in particular is good at improving writing.

Hey, nice work on winning those contests! If you want to check out some YWS contests, go into the appropriately marked forum. You'll find some cool ones.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:52 am
daydreamer9 says...

Hey Dally/Danny! :]

Welcome to YWS. You will definitely make tons of friends here. This is community of writers that fosters everyone's talents through the giving and getting of advice. In short: It's pretty amazing. No where else online have I encountered such an welcoming group of writers. I'm sure you'll feel right at home.

That's cool about the all boys school. I myself go to an all girls school. Mabe we can swap school stories sometime. I swear, some of the craziest things happen at single-sex schools.

Even though Night Mistress explained the basics to you, there's one more rule here at YWS that everyone needs to follow: When giving a review, be positive. People will repsect you a lot around here if you go out of your way to be kind and helpful.

If you ever have any questions, PM me. I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need.

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Dally! Or if you prefer it, hi Danny! Welcome to the big, dysfunctional family that is YWS! Of course, if you ask some people, this is a loony bin. Well, don't really care so, yeah. Everyone's already asked you the major questions so I won't repeat them.

So, what are your other interests? Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups that are made for a specific community. For example, we have one for Twilight, debating, etcetera. So, click on the big 'Groups' button above if you want to know more. Go ahead and look for one that interests you. It really helps.

Feel free to PM me for anything you need, be it reviews, questions, or friendship. See ya around someday!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:36 am
RebellionLies says...

Nice to meet you Dally (your name reminds me of the Outsiders, if you ever read it). Yes, as others have aready explained, please do go over the rules.

So, go ahead and tell us about yourself. What genres do you write? What are your favorite books/authors? What music do you listen to? etc.

It's nice to see you here, we all look forward to reading your material and proceeding to tear it apart! Just kidding...mostly.

Yours Truely,
RebellionLies

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:28 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Dally. Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

I have no Idea why I like writing, but I really love it!

You will fit in well, then. We all love writing here, whether it is fiction or poetry or scripts. What do you like to write? Fantasy? Nonfiction? Lyrics? I like historical fiction.

I look forward to reading some of your work. If you have any question, please feel free to send me a PM!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 am
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

Now why would I hold you being a Brit against you? We've got quite the Brit crew here anyway; you'll be just fine. :P

So the rules are covered, eh? Please pay attention to those, though.

Yeah, so get out there and review! Get to know everybody, make yourself known, have a good time, learn your way around (with any help from me you need, feel free), start a blog if you want... and you know, if you want a review for something, give me a shout.

There's a million things to check out around here, so you'd better get busy. ;)

Welcome aboard mate.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm
JustDance says...

Heyy Danny!
Welcome to YWS!!!
Before you post some of you ah-mazinggg workk let's get down to the rules.
Can't escape that can ya?

1. The 2:1 ratio. Yep, before you post ANY of you work, you MUST MUST MUST review unleast 2 other people's work. And no, "I liked it." doesn't count.
If you can't find any mistakes unleast tell them some thoughts that went through your mind while reading the piece, or how they can improve.
2. Keep chat and caps minimum. We are writer's aren't we.
Besdies it can get annoying sometimes like this:
PlZ dOn'tT B wRtNg In ChTt FoRM

or this:

DON'T WRITE IN CHAT!!!!!!

It seems like i'm yelling at you, even though I'm not.

So remember these two simple rules, unless you want us coming after you with pitchforks!
Hehe just kidding.
Don't freak out if you did say "lol" or "rofl", minimum is okay, just don't use it in every post. Mkay?
Now if you have any more questions feel free to PM me!

--Anantta

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS, Dally.

I hope you enjoy it here. Yah, we all enjoy writing here. It is a general common with us so anyone you talk to, you will have an interest that you both share right away.

It seems that they have told you about the two main rules Dally but I am going to branch off into another section. You might have noticed that there are colored names. Those colors all mean different things.

The Light Blue names are the Greeters. Those are the people you will most likely talk to first on this site. There job is the help the new comers feel welcome and at home. We are also here to help you and if you need one of us, you will certainly see is roaming the Welcome Forums.

The Purple names are the Instructors. These people are able to give out really indepth critiques on your writing so keep that in mind. They also can help you, so if you have a problem, just ask.

The people with the Light Green names are the Junior Moderators. They basically are like the Moderators but they are in training.

The Green names are the Moderators. Those people make sure that the people are following the rules of site. Be respectful to this people.

The Red names are the Admins. Those are the people who created the site and keep it going. You have to give those people props because of their genius-ness. Yes, I know, I just totally made up words.

Those are the main colored names that you should know about. Remember with your grammar though to check your work before you post it because the people will jump on any grammar mistake you make. You may have also noticed the Points. You earn points by posting in certain forums or groups and reviewing. Points allow you to become the featured member if you have enough points or to post up your own works.

If you need a guarenteed review on your work make sure you check out the Will Review for Food Forum.

Well, thats about it so why don't you tell us a little bit more about your self. I will get you started with some questions.

1) What is your favourite animal?
2) What would you perfer to be called on this site?
3) What genre do you write?
4) What kind of genre do you like reading?
5) If you could go any where in the world where would it be?

Nice to meet you and I hope to see you around in the forums.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines