z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Chicken says...

Heyaaaaaaaaa! Welcome everyone who's new I hope your having a good time here so far! If you have any questions about stuff your welcome to come to me... I don't bite! This website is REALLY brilliant and I only made an account about 3 weeks ago and it's already improved my writing skills so, ENJOY!!!!!!! :smt003 :smt002 :smt001 :smt004

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:56 pm
Thekingloliet says...

Hello. My name is Natalie. I like editing, so you'll probably see me more posting comments on people's work than writing myself. When I do write, it tends to be horror or something dark. I'm a little harsh in editing, so if anyone is an advanced writer, I would probably more help to them than a newbie. However, I'm not impolite to new writers: that would be unprofessional.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 am
alliyah1234 says...

Hello everyone!
Itrs incredible how technology can advance your education and knowledge so greatly. I absolutely love reading all these poems, novels and short stories. They not only inspire me as a writer, but as a person.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 am
AlextotheAndra says...

Hello,
I'm alex and I am new.
I hope to post some things soon and meet other writers, Im a softmore ( I think, I'm Australian)
anyway it is nice to meet everyone here, so send me a message and say hello :)
“Everything you look at can become a fairy tale and you can get a story from everything you touch.” Hans Christian Andresen
My Tumblr
http://frogsliquriceandra.tumblr.com/

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:48 pm
Rydia says...

Hai everyone, it's lovely to meet you all and welcome you to our community. I'm Heather and I shall be you cheesy tour guide for the day. This here's the welome forum and if you hover your mouse over the navigation bar, you'll find lots of other cool places.

I'll let you explore those in your own time but if you hav any questions, then feel free to ask! You can reach me best by pm or on my wall, but I swing by here pretty often as well so if it's easier, just post them here ^^

Also, we have this system called a 'Buddy System' where the new member can choose an older member to show them around the site and answer any questions they have. The older member also reviews some of their work and can introduce them to other members, old and new! Maybe I'll see a few of you there :)

Heather xxx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:48 pm
lysstripes says...

Heyo, I'm lysstripes [Or Lyss. Or Stripes. Or some variation thereof].

I'll post some things eventually, and I hope to work on my critiquing skills. Perhaps join a group or two.
:D

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:32 am
turtlethatroars says...

Hello :) I can't wait to see some of your work. If you have any questions you can PM (private message) me, or post on my wall. :D
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:03 am
Butterfly18 says...

Hi, I'm Butterfly.

I'm 18. I'm happy to have joined this site and can't wait to post some of my work. I would like to review some people's work on here first, give a little t get a little in return sort of thing, you know. :)

I generally write Y/A (Young Adult), but my works usually tend to start as Y/A and then mature as the characters do.
My first passion is Fantasy, second is Science Fiction, but I work on them both the same amount as each other.

Currently I have a Science Fiction novel in the works which is part of a trilogy, I have put on hold a five novel Medieval Fantasy series. As a small project though I am at this very moment, working on a novelette e-book of about 10-12 thousand words, medieval fantasy.

This site looks like a great place to be a part of and I'm going to get right into it. Don't be shy to say, Hi to me. :)

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:25 pm
Adriana says...

WELCOME HERE, GUYS!!
Well, I'm new here too so I'm saying by experience that everyone will be really nice to you.
Share your stories with us and we will try to help you. I'm sure you can help us too.
:D
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose
it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.

"This is calm, and it's doctor!" (My DR. Reid -- Best line ever)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 pm
dominique22 says...

Hello I'm new. :) My friend forced me to have an account, and i'm happy she did.
My Bfff is tkpejb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:54 pm
turtlethatroars says...

Yes I did!!!! I am happy that you are happy that I forced you to have an account here. I miss you so much. I'll see you at the dance :D
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 am
Bryn says...

Hello! I'm Bryn(pronuonced burn ;)) I tend to overuse commas but I'm working on it, because my grammar SUCKS.But anyways I'm a Junior in High school(16) and I love to write. My moms been pushing me to enter competitions and such but I think I could spiffy up my writitng a little first :) Plus I need a place to keep my stories and stuff be cause I recently lost about 10 of them plus 5 or so poems because my email was hacked and thats where I kept them :( I'm bummed but what are you gonna do. I'm currently procrastinating, I should be doing all these projects I have due but I've been waiting to get on here literally ALL day. But yeah... I run track, I like any type of music. Literature wise.. mostly fantasy, I'm still enchanted by dragons, magic, elves, and all the childish things I can't seem to leave behind. :) But I've been known to read memoirs, historical fiction, or teen romance(but all the plots are beginning to look to same!). Not a nonfiction person I definitely still have my head in the clouds, realities to boring anyway. But uh that's me pretty much, nice to meet you all I look forward to reading!
Courage is grace under pressure.-Ernest Hemingway
Have the courage to say no.
Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right.-Clement
Integrity is what we do, what we say, and what we say we do.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:31 am
SubjectBlue says...

hi bryn.
I'm glad you came here- being prepared to learn from others is an important attribute to all people, esp. those who do creative and social things- such as writers.
I'm sure you'll have the time of your life here- if you need help, PM me, and I'll see what I can do.
try checking out the buddy system- it's awesome.
have fun,
SubjectBlue
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:55 pm
Maelstrom says...

Hi Er'body
This is Maelstrom. My name has no significance to me. I just think it sounds cool. I'm really looking forward to reading and writing on this site. I hope I can get to know you ALL!
The kind of literature that I like are: Historical Fiction, Fantasy, etc. I really like J.R.R. Tolkein. He has an imagination that I think is so great.
Well, again I'm looking forward to being on this site!
Hope ya'll have a good day!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm
View Likes
youngwolf1105 says...

Hiness!! I'm new too!!!! I love Marching Band, Jazz Ensemble, Woodwind Choir, Steel Drums and my band! :D
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren