z

Young Writers Society

You know you love me!

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm
Evi says...

Hello everybody!

I'm Evi. I'm 12 years old, but I did get on here by clicking the 'under thirteen' button and sending a signed permission slip from my parents. I actually followed the rules! :D I just had to wait another month to get on because I'm 135 days from being 13!

I am in 7th grade at a Catholic school. I'm really looking forward to posting some of my stuff and reviewing everone else's.

I think I know the basics. 2:1 ratio. Be nice. Post stuff. Review stuff. No chat-speak. Make friends. No all-caps. Have fun. Rate your work. That sort of thing.

Thanks!

P.S. I hope I did the post right. It's my first one, and let's just say I have an uncanny ability to somehow mess up even the simplest of things.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Good, you've read the rules.

There is no "right way" of posting on here. Just put what you think is needed, the members ask what they want to hear!

So, basic questions: What are your favourite books? Authors? genres? What do you normally write?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey, Evi.

Welcome to YWS.

Since rosey asked all the question that I wanted to.

All i can say is: if you need anything, including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

537 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm
Evi says...

Aw...*tears up*...I have only been on for ten minutes and already have two responses! You two are truly worthy of your Greeter titles.

My favorite books are The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak, Harry Potter, Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld, Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, and Maximum ride by James Patterson. I like Twilight too, but not as much. I also love Agatha Christie murder mysteries.

I write all across the spectrum, basically. I've attempted a story in almost every genre. Emphasis on the 'attempted'. Right now I'm starting a story that I'm not really sure what genre it'll fall into...fantasy, probably. My romance should be illegal, though.

To Night Mistress: friendship is good. :D Thanks for the offer, once I figure out this whole PM thing I might just do that.

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 pm
Night Mistress says...

Well, at the bottom of each reply, there is a small box that says 'PM me!'.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:16 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Evi! S'cool you found out all the rules and things before posting. You don't sound like you'll need a great deal of help, but I don't mind a PM if you're confused about anything -- YWS has a lot of secrets! Hope to see you post some of your work!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

537 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:17 pm
Evi says...

Aha! You're a genius!

Thanks. I should have seen that. I think my observation skills leave something to be desired.

1272 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

It's to the right of the Profile button, just so you know. *Edit* slow to post, ignore that.

And to add people as fiends, go to their profile and click on "add as friend."

So you know what the coloured names mean? Great!

The Book thief. A ton of people on here like it.

Fantasy is my genre. Several people on here are really good on here, so if you have a question just post. We will answer!

If you have any other questions, go ahead and ask! Nothing is silly. Honestly.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

537 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:22 pm
Evi says...

Okay! You all rock. I do have a question, actually...

What exactly is the difference between dramatic and lyric poetry? I know, I know, it says the definition, but that just confused me. Is it about whether it contains 'you' in it? Or is it the actual content?

Thanks in advance

1272 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

I think Dramatic is more emotional, and it's written more after the event is passed. Lyric is more in the moment.

That's just my opinion though.

537 Reviews

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:39 pm
Evi says...

Thanks Rosey, I guess that clears things up a little. I'll get some other opinions and compare. Either way, poetry isn't really my thing, so that shouldn't be too problamatic anyway.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:07 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Yay! A newbie!

You are a newbie, not a noobie. Here's the difference.

Newbie: Polite, careful, reads all the rules, willing to learn and participate in the site.

Noobie: Impolite, doesn't read the rules and doesn't want to. Asks for advice, then ignores it. They end up being a pain.

You are most welcome on YWS!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:05 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Evi! Great to hear about you. Do you have any other hobbies besides writing? And what do you write? Nice to hear from you. Once I know what you write, I'll be sure to check your portfolio. Anyways, I think that's all I want to say. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 am
View Likes
LilyJamey says...

Hiya, Evi! It would seem that you're younger than me by about two months. M'name's Lily, and welcome to our nutty site.

I think I know what you mean about poetry. It's useful to get all your thoughts out, but the result ain't pretty. Ah well.

I'm a total Harry Potter fan too. My earliest memory (besides the one where I cried into my uncle's sofa cushion) was of me fighting over Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban with my siblings. I was really little, I suppose, because every few seconds I had to ask what "[insert random word here]" meant.

I used to like Agatha Christie, till I ran out of AC books to read. It's stupid to try to reread her books, since you know the ending. I prefer Sherlock Holmes.

So what do you write, if not poetry? Thank goodness you don't, because I'm planning to critique your work, and I'm a terrible poetry critic.

Have fun on the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:52 am
Meep(: says...

Hellooooo Evi!
welcome to the wild and wacky YWS family.
*whispers* we're full of seriously loony people.
I like your style!
*Claps* A new member and you've already read up all the rules and stuff.
Well done to you! :D

I'm Meep, your unfriendly(kidding) neighbourhood weirdo.
who plans on invading the planet Venus.
Feel free to PM for reviews and stuff, I'll be glad to help :D

So...tell us more about yourself.
What kind of stuff do you like to read and write about?
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe