z

Young Writers Society

Meeeee <3

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:56 am
x0xGilmore Girliex0x says...

First off, I'm Carlee. I'm 14. And this is my first post on here. Woo!
I'm not so sure about how the point system on here works so, if someone would be so kind as to fill me in, I would appreciate it.
Whoa, as I type this, I'm realizing that I'm not so interesting. Hmm.... I am just your average 14-year-old freshman, except I'm not into drama and immature people drive me insane. I love to read, but I get bored really easily if the writing-style isn't up to par or the story isn't going anywhere quick.
Besides my boring life of, well, me and books, I love to watch Gilmore Girls and Criminal Minds. I'm also in, like, every club offered at our school. I'm kind of a nerd, but I don't think I'm classified as one at school. I'm nice to everyone and am never judgemental. Oh, and also, I don't get mad or frustrated easily. It'll take a lot to get me upset, so instead of the cliche "Don't mess with me," my saying is more like, "Mess with me. Go right ahead. It doesn't bother me." I'm not really sure why I'm so even-tempered but I think it has something to do with my constant scatter-brainedness which causes me to forget why I was irked in the first place. So, if you think I should be mad at you, notify me, and I'll try my best to get extremely angry, but I doubt that will happen.
Now, about me, writing-wise: My favorite authors are Stephenie Meyer, Kate Brian, and Libba Bray. I have a very high admiration for writers that can write with amazing quality and still give a good plot and ending. I used to think that I was a really good writer, but after reading some of the stuff you guys have posted, I'm not so sure. When I write, (I think this is my OCD) I always feel like I have to finish whatever I've started. So if I have a cool idea, I usually don't write it down unless I know that I can go really far with it. Also, if I have a scene or part that would occur later on in a story, I don't write it down until I write up to it. The problem is that when and if I write up until that scene, I forget what the cool idea was in the first place. Gosh, I seriously need to change that.
If you have any questions or just want to talk, PM/IM me. aim--xOxO carleerae. Thanks for reading!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 am
alwaysawriter says...

Hi Carlee. First off, welcome to YWS.

The point system information can be found here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=813 It's also got a lot of other information on YWS too.

I'm the same age as you and I'm sure you'll love YWS; everyone here is extremely nice and friendly.

I'm a YWS Mentor (Meep hasn't updated the list yet but I am) so I'll be glad to help you with anything you need help with since I tend to venture everywhere around here, minus photography and art, even though I have a photography group (I have no idea where my camera charger is so I haven't taken pictures since June). Sorry, I tend to ramble. Here's the link to find out more about YWS Mentors: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic20053.html

I would suggest posting in the Welcome forum; everyone's pretty quick on welcoming everyone else.

PM me for anything and I look forward to reading your writing. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:17 pm
sokool15 says...

Hey! Awesome to meet you. I'm MademoiselleKool, but you can just call me Kool if you want. Or Sarah, which is my name. I saw your very nice, tactful yet helpful critique on a story here and decided I'd like to know more about the author of said critique. So hi!

I'm not really sure why I'm so even-tempered but I think it has something to do with my constant scatter-brainedness which causes me to forget why I was irked in the first place.

Haha, this describes me exactly. So weird...we should definitely become friends, because we'd never get into any arguments.

Anyway, welcome, have fun, keep writing, pm me with any questions or if you want a critique or if you want to talk, ciao, goodbye, cheerio, have a good life, amen.

Yours always I do hope to remain,
Kool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta