z

Young Writers Society

Umm...hi. ;]

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:01 pm
StrangeNerd says...

Err...I don't know what to write, but hell, I'll give it a shot.
I'm Rosie, I'm a [s]bit[/s] alot of a nerd. I love reading, 'cause I tend to find that books are much more interesting than real life. I know, sad right? :roll:
Ever since I was ten, I've been trying to write a story. After having been so inspired by so many books, I wanted to write my own. All in all, I've written about 20 failed stories. And right now, I think I'm working on a keeper. It's difficult, but I'm sticking at it.
I'm awfully sorry for the horrendous amount of cheese in the above, but I'm quite shy, even on a website forum. How silly.
I don't think there's much else to say...but I'm sure I'll have fun reading the works of other aspiring authors! Bye x :D

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:57 pm
Monki says...

Heya Rosie! Glad that you joined YWS. It really is a wonderful website. ^ ^ I'm willing to bet you that if you really do like writing as much as you say you do, you will become obsessively in love with this website. XD That's what happened to me. *points to self* See?

Anyway, there is really only one major rule that you need to follow; that is that for every work that you post of your own, you should review two works of other people. It's not really a 'rule' per se, more than a guideline you should follow. You know, and then there's the usual, no chat speak in any way, shape, or form. Most of us (writers) on here are very... weird about it. It's very annoying to those YWSers, like me, who are very particular (OCDish) about writing, grammar, etc.. :) So, you know, just keep the chat speak to as minimum as possible. It'll be very much appreciated.

I also suggest that you click on the tab in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. It says 'Help and Support'. That would definitely be a very big help for you. And then, if you still need any help or just want to talk, you can always, always PM me. ^ ^

So, what genres do you mainly write? Favorite book?

<3,
Monki

P.S. There's a thread in the Welcome forumn (the forumn we are currently in) that says The Buddy System. I highly suggest that you get a buddy/mentor. Just check it out, see what it's about. Who knows, you might want one. Like I said, I highly suggest it. *points to self again* I'm a buddy/mentor! You could pick me if you'd like.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:13 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey Rosie =] I'm a bit/lot of a nerd too ^___^ so that's alright. I think it's quite likely you're not alone.

I'm sure you'll have a good time at YWS so long as you keep to the rules =D cus then you'll make friends.

So welcome ^^ I'm Ruth, nice to meet you.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Rosie. I think most of are nerds here. So don't worry you'll fit in! Monki introduced you to the basic rules and I hope you enjoy this site.
I'm also here if you ever need anything... just a PM away.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:33 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hi, Roise.

Welcome to YWS.

I'm Brianna ad i write romance and Fanfiction. My favorites book are: the Green Riders Series and the House of Night series.

I look forward to seeing your work around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:01 am
sofi says...

Hey Rosie! Welcome to YWS :D

Don't worry. Loveing books doesnt make you sad! I think my main goal in life is to have build a library in my house and fill it with books :D haha and I think most people here would say the same!

I was exactly the same as you with writing stories as well. I always started them but never finished them, so good for you for sticking to one!

I'm looking forward to reading your work! :D If you have any questions about anything, or just want to talk then you can just pm me anytime.

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:39 am
TNCowgirl says...

Hi Rosie,

Howdy, I'm TNC, Cowgirl, TN, or TNCowgirl. Whatever you wish to call me works.

Welcome to YWS!!!! THe best writing site on the internet. Very Happy. I'm bias.

If you need anything or just want someone to talk, pm me. I will be able to start critting work again in a few weeks due to no longer working at a camp. Very Happy

So, welcome to YWS again. Follow the rules and everyone will love you. Very Happy

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight