z

Young Writers Society

New person over here

Reviews: 1
Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 pm
NotAllMyTrophiesRFromSftb says...

Hey my real name is Ashley but everyone calls me Paige which is my middle name.I've learned to respond to both so whatever you want to call me is fine.I'm probably one of the younger ones on this website.I love to write girl books but i wrote one book about a guy and got 1st place in fiction in states so IDK which is my better liking.anyways i dont think anybody who's reading this has too my friends because as the adults told me and probably told you, "you can never have too many friends". :roll:
Daniel:found my heart,brokeit,stole it again, and made me the girl i am today

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:57 pm
Emerson says...

Hey Paige and Welcome to the YWS!

If you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around feel free to message me! So you write girl books? What kinds of things do you like to read?

Just a quick note about the site: because we are a writer's site, we ask that our members use proper grammar (capitalizing the pronoun I) and refrain from using chat speak as much as possible. IDK isn't bad, but you will probably get more response if you say "I don't know". We won't throw stone if you say lol, or omg, or a few other ones, but for the most part, use your words, not your letters! Since you're a writer you'll want to learn how to use your words, not your letters! You might want to look over the other Rules as well.

I hope you enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hi, Paige! Welecome to YWS.

Check the help and support section for info on the site, and remember: for every work you post, you must make two reviews. So keep the ratio of pieces to reviews 1:2

Oh, and check out the Buddy system thread in this forum. Having a buddy can be very useful, as they HAVE to review everything you put up for your first month here!

So, I won't be reading a lot of you, because frankly, I don't like girtl books about girls dealing with girl issues. However, that book about the guy could be interesting.

Oh, and be sure to use good grammer! This is a writing forum, after all. Don't worry, in a week, you'll get Aveatic Writer's Disorder. It makes your eyes hurt when you see chat speek or bad grammer.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:02 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Ashley Paige. Your name rocks! XD

Welcome to YWS! You are probably amung the youngest, but that just means get to be here longer! =P I wish I had found this site that young. =P

XD I also tend to have female main characters. It's pretty cool that you won that award. Congrats! Write with whichever you like best, or maybe just whichever fits the story best. :wink: We hope you'll share your work with us! Just remember that for every piece you put up, you should review 2 others.

You're absolutely right about the friends thing, too. =P Nobody has too many friends, ever. So if you need a friend, a review or some help with the site PM me anytime! You can also check out our Buddy System. You'll find that everyone here is really friendly, so don't be shy!

Hope to see you around!

^_^ Keek!

(p.s. Seriously. I may just steal your name for a character or something. o.O *writes it down*)
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:09 pm
Demeter says...

Hey Paige!

Welcome to YWS! Oh, and excuse my ignorance, but what's Sftb? :) I can understand your username way better when I know what Sftb is. Haha.

Yeah, you should check the Buddy System, the Rules, and all the things that others have already taken care of. :) You'll come to looooove YWS in shorter time than you may think!

So, have a nice time and PM me if there's any problems whatsoever! See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:13 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Ash, and welcome to YWS!

Je suis Stella, as you know :D. I'm not a greeter, but I'm always happy to help newbies. I'll be hovering over there (points) by the fiction forums and the Storybooks (I'm an addict, it's terrible-don't get into the habit).

So who are your favourite authors? And First Prize? Well done! Me, I've never entered any competitions outside of school.

So feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:55 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Congrats on winning that contest! And I also want to know what Sftb is. In the meantime, I shall call you Paige. That's my best friend's name.

Anyway, now you need a gift. So here it is::D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Paige from England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); pleased to meet you!

Well done for getting a prize for your writing; I've entered for a couple of competitions myself, so fingers crossed! You say you write 'girl' fiction; what does that mean? I write crime mostly myself. Do you have any hobbies or interests? Me, I enjoy cycling, badminton and languages.

Feel free to PM me if you want a review or anything else is on your mind.

See you around!

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there, Paige!

Cool name.

Anyway, welcome to YWS!

Since people have told you about the rules, I won't repeat 'em. :)

I'm entering some writing competitions too. It's really great when you win something, isn't it? I just love that feeling of achievement. Don't you?

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or just want a review.
I'd be glad to help ya!

Seeya!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Paige (I instinctly went for your middle name - I'm not sure why!) and welcome to YWS!!

The others have pointed out all the technical stuff, like Buddies, rules and Help & Support, so all that's left for me to do is say that you can always pm me if you need anything.

I hardly ever write from a masculine perspective as I prefer feminine perspectives but it's great that you are able to do both!

Anyways, what's your current project? Favourite stuff?

All the best and I'm sure you'll like it around here - don't worry about your age, we have several younger members.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:01 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I am SimonCowellLuver and I wanted to welcome you to the site. If there is anything you need or just need help with please let me know and I will do my best to help as best as I can.

I don't know what to say because everyone before me really cover the basics. People call me SCL for short.

See you around ok SimonCowellLuver (SCL)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

A diamond is merely a lump of coal that did well under pressure.
— Unknown