z

Young Writers Society

Hello from the Middle of Nowhere

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 pm
Kaity_H says...

Hi, I'm Kaity. I just found this site and I think it's a great idea. I love reading and reviewing other people's work, especially the work of young writers (I guess I'm included in this category, still even though I feel old...).
I'm 21 and I live in rural Idaho. I write a lot of poetry and some fiction, as well as a non-fiction project that I'm also dabbling with. I'd love to meet and make friends, so drop me a line!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Welcome to the site! Don't worry about your age. :) Not all of us are teenagers, you know. I'm 20, myself.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:07 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

And yeah, no worries about your age. =P

I like how so many of our new members like to review work. ^_^ You'll do very well here, since we have a 2:1 rule (you have to review 2 works for every 1 work you post).

We have a great poetry forum, so be sure to post some of your work to share with everyone. I even think we have a forum for non-fiction. =P

Be sure to PM me if you have any questions or need a crit (though I am not the best with poetry =P).

Again, welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here. :D

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:09 pm
Gladius says...

Hey Kaity!

Well, I can't really speak for the older community here, but I can certainly say we teens will be happy to have you! Young adults (20-23 age, I dub it) have a different outlook on life than us teens, so it's nice to have the mix to get at a story from all angles.

I think you'll enjoy it here--age doesn't really play a part, anyway, as many of us are really very mature (I think...at least, that's how it usually comes across in posts ^^; ).

Ok, I have almost no idea what I'm trying to say...ah well. ^_^ Welcome to the site! I'm Gladius (not to be confused with MidnightGladius) and love fiction/fantasy writing. I've dabbled with poetry, but...I tend to have a problem with the whole rhyming thing. ^_^

Have fun! See ya around.
~Gladius
p.s--did I mention I'm a dragon. :twisted:
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:50 am
niteowl says...

Hi Kaity! Your age isn't a big deal here, but if you want, please check out The Writer's Society. It's for writers 18 and up and while it hasn't grown as big as YWS yet, it's still pretty awesome.

Anyway, welcome and HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:56 pm
Leja says...

Yay middle of nowhere!

Bah; you're not too old, don't worry! What's your nonfiction project about? It sounds pretty cool, and there isn't a *lot* of nonfiction around so I'm instantly curious!

Hope to see you around!
Leja

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio