z

Young Writers Society

Greetings YWS!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 pm
J.L.A.Montoya says...

Hello! I'm an aspiring young author who found this place thanks to a Writers Digest e-mail.

I hope I can be of use here,hopefully I'll be able to actually review something. I'm not very good at it, you see...But regardless, I shall do my best.

Oh, and by the way...it says "Two reviews for every story/poem." Considering poems aren't over 200 pages, I'm guessing that means short stories? Because, I'm writing a novel, and I think you might require more than two reviews for that. Unless, novels aren't allowed...But I didn't see that in the Rules.

Ah, whatever. Hello, next poster.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed May 21, 2008 11:04 pm
Teague says...

Hello, J.L.A.Montoya! You need nickname. Like, now.

Ooer, a Writer's Digest convert! How lovely. We've been in their top list for the past three years now. ^^ [/pride]

And in response to your question, it doesn't matter what you post! If you post a poem, do two reviews! If you post a short story, do two reviews! If you post a novel, do two reviews! Most people break up novels and post them by chapter or section. If you take that route, you need two reviews for every piece you post. Others post the whole thing in the Advanced Critiques forum, for which you need to do a couple Advanced Critiques in return. There's a sticky in that forum that explains it a bit better. ^^

Oh... my name's Saint, by the way. Haha, I forgot to introduce myself. *dolt* If you have any more questions, PM me or anyone else who decides to be a helpful soul. ^^ Those with light blue names are probably your best bet -- they're Greeters, so it's their job to help newbies around the site. ^^

Hope to see you around!

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Wed May 21, 2008 11:21 pm
J.L.A.Montoya says...

Nice to meet you, Saint. :D

Ha! Nickname, why? Someday everyone will know my real name anyway (Arrogant? How about confident?).

Oh...I might have a lot of work to do then with the whole post thing...

But anyway, I'll go look at that sticky now...See what tasks lay ahead of me!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm
Church says...

Welcome to YWS. Its great to have you onboard now and thanks to the writers digest we will have so many more new members. Backl to welcoming you. My name is CHurch here on the site, and if you have any questions for me or need help with anyting, PM me and I will help you however I can. SO you are into novels. You are allowed to post them. It's just sort of requested that you split it up by chapters so that there isn't a two mile long page to scroll through. See ya around hopefully

Church
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu May 22, 2008 3:08 am
Via says...

Hi JLA! Welcome to the YWS!

Glad to have you on board! What do you like to write? What genre is your novel about? Or plotline, if you are feeling generous with this info!

Check out our usergroup section, there is a Novelists group that you may find helpful!

Hope to see you around! Enjoy the site, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Ciao,
Via
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu May 22, 2008 3:20 am
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!

What most people do so that the critiquers donzt get overwhelmed is break a novel into chapters and post it by chapters. It helps the readers a lot, and your more likely to get more reviews.

Anyways, what do you write?

I'm glad you joined. i'm sure you'll love it.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me! But I'm sure everyone says that. lol.

Jamie

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu May 22, 2008 6:34 am
View Likes
budding writer says...

hello there, J.L.A.Montoya, pretty long username, well mine is pretty much the longest, budding writer, call me buddy or budding. by the way welcome to yws. it is pretty intresting things to do around here. your first goal should be to write atleast 25 reviews so that you can go into the lounge and chat with the othere. that way you will meet other members.

pm me anytime if you have questions and queries or anything else
PS : join one of the usergroups and meet lots of people at the same time have fun.

-budding
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu May 22, 2008 1:48 pm
rubberduck says...

Hey there.

Welcome to YWS!

Rubberduck at your service! So, you're writing a novel? Cool. I'd love to read it! PM(Private Message) me when you post it. I'm not exactly the greatest at pointing out mistakes but I'll try! And you can count on me to encourage you too! (I'm a very encouraging person, ya know. ;))

So, anyway... The name's Max. Nice to meet ya, J.L.A.Montoya! (Man, that's a mouthful!) Haha. Interesting name though.

Well then, seeya 'round!

P.S.
My sis shares this account with me. So, yeah. :S
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu May 22, 2008 2:16 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS (I'm sure your sick of the greeting by now). It's great that you joined, and I'm positve that you will be very useful here.

People tend not to post so much where they run out of points and have to review like crazy (unless you join a storybook, which I shall explain later). You see in YWS, if you haven't noticed already, you get points for posting on certain things. The highest amount of points you can get is 50, and posting a story or poem is a 100, therefore the "post once, review twice" rule is born.

I'm sure this has already been explained, but if you are writing a novel and you have over 5000 words, you can post in the Advanced Critiques Forum. It cost 500 points to post (and you should to some advanced critiques of your own) but people download the word document and read the entire story, editing with track changes. So if you wish, post your novel on there.

About Storybooks: it's mainly role-playing, you see. When you write in a storybook you make up a plot, a character or two, and start the story. You first write, "My character, John, is walking down the street." Another person then posts, "(My character) George runs up to meet John and greets him." You post, "John smiles and high-fives George, asking him if he studied for the math test they have today." You understand?

So I hope you have a wonderful time here at YWS, and remember that everybody here has no problem helping you with any questions (including myself).

Good Luck! Have fun!
~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 pm
Demeter says...

Hi JLAM! (I'm calling you that now, so get used to it, ha)

It's great that you found your way to this site. Soon you'll be like, "What did I even do before I joined YWS?" :)

I like novels :) I've written two by now and am posting the another one, but I'm not going to post the first one because I didn't like it at all and it was basically just practice. So yeah. PM me when you post some of yours! :)

Well, hope you have an awesome time here. Contact me if you need anything!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Thu May 22, 2008 5:46 pm
J.L.A.Montoya says...

Thanks, everyone. I'm debating weather to respond to to your posts by PM or by post...I'll PM it to you all, those who I can reply to anyway.

Thanks for all your welcomes, advice, and offerings of help!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu May 22, 2008 10:29 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello, J.L.A! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue May 27, 2008 10:24 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Ello I am GordonRamsayLuver and I am kind of new here. So go easy on me if i don't get it right lol. Welcome to YWS!!! So far so good (i think).

Well If you need me pm me anytime ok.

GordonRamsayLuver :arrow: :smt021 :smt020 :smt019 :smt009 :smt017 :smt032 :smt035 :smt059 :smt051 :smt072 :smt100 :smt108 :smt096 :smt086 :smt084 :smt102 :smt110 :smt109 :smt041 :smt023 :smt026 :smt014 :smt006 :elephant: :smt004 :piratedthread: :ftw: :backtotopic: :smt117 :smt118 :smt084 :smt092 :smt091 :smt101 :smt084 :smt064 :smt068 :smt057 :smt041 :smt046 :smt027

Smilies!!! Yeah! See you around. GordonRamsayLuver :pirate3:
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue May 27, 2008 11:50 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiyas! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:) Mind if I call you Toy? (MonTOYa)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet