z

Young Writers Society

About me? But, of course!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:07 pm
Monki says...

So, you want to learn about me? Muah? The one, the only? Oker dokers. Here we go then!

1) My real name is Melissa.

2) I was born on October 19, 1993 (so, I am now fourteen).

3) I am in eighth grade (Advanced Placement). So, I'm going to be a Freshman in high school next year!

4) I've won many, many writing awards.

5) I have one dog. She's a Black Labrador Retriever named Christmas, and she is one year and three months old.

6) I have a mom, a dad, a little sister (Jessica, she's nine), a grandmother, and a grandfather.

7) I live in Florida (USA).

8) I love to read.

9)I obviously love to write.

10) Sometimes I do enjoy learning.

So... any questions? (I'm a bit conceited if you haven't already noticed...)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 pm
BigBadBear says...

(I'm a bit conceited if you haven't already noticed...)

No you're not! You sound awesome!

Lots and lots and lots of awards, eh? *sigh* Good job! I wish I could be like that!

And a doggy named Christmas? XD that's awesome.

So... um...

Questions:

Favorite color?

Favorite book?

Favorite... um.. shirt?
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

99 Reviews

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:21 am
Monki says...

Thanks. Lol. But, I am conceited. My friends tell me I am all the time.

Favorite Color : Green and Pink together is awesome.

Favorite Book : Cliche, but it's the Harry Potter Trilogy.

Favorite Shirt : Where'd that question come from? Lol. Probably my new blue favorite tank top that I bought at Aeropostale (sp?) a week ago. It has a shirt that goes over it if I want to. :)
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:48 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Melissa.

Aw, you have a doggy!! What's he like? You see, I'm more of a cat person but I do like dogs. As long as they're not vicious.

Do you know any other languages? What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?

Alainna
xxx

P.S. Your avvie is cute.
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm
Aedomir says...

You've won many writing awards? Cool! I'm off to read your submitions now! See you around the stie, Im new I think I'll post an about the author thing...
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:55 pm
Myth says...

I wouldn't call Harry Potter a trilogy.

So did you get your dog on Christmas? =] And what are the awards for: prose, poetry?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:46 pm
jessiieeboo says...

Ah, a person who loves to write!?
No way! xD Haha.
I have a puppy too! Her name is
Susu she is one year old.
I am going to be a freshman next year as well.
I have two questions for you:
What do you plan to be when you grow up?
Any ideas of a collage?
peace love +& respect,
jess♥

99 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:23 pm
Monki says...

Alainna > Lol. My doggy is SO sweet! She's hyper, but still sweet. Nope. I don't really know any other languages. I'm learning Spanish though. And my favorite flavour of ice cream would have to be strawberry.

Aedomir >Okee dokee, Aedomir! Hope to see you around!

Myth > Well, I don't exactly know what to call the Harry Potter books together. *gets hit by a flying brick* OH! It's a series! Duh! Anyway, I didn't really buy my dog from anyone, I didn't get her on Christmas, and I didn't find her. She found me on December 23rd, 2006. We were in Tallahassee, Florida spending Christmas with my grandpa. If we wouldn't have been there, she would have died from the cold and a lack of food. :( She was abused. We knew which house she got away from. She had many siblings. We saw them tied to a huge tree in the front yard of some stupid hobo's house every day. I wanted to cry, but I was happy that we saved her. (The writing awards were for a D.A.R.E. essay. I wrote the best out of three hundred fifth graders! Hoo sha! I also won... another essay award. I took a babysitting course, and we had to write about the most important thing we learned throughout the whole course. I won out of about thirty kids that time. I was only twelve and there were some seventeen year olds too. And I've won quite a few others.)

jessileeboo > When I grow up, I definitely want to be an author. If that doesn't work out, I want to be a veterinarian. And I'm definitely going to college. Probably a Florida college. Maybe FGCU or FSU.

99 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:26 pm
Monki says...

Oh yea! And I received a letter in the mail yesterday saying that a teacher of mine nominated me for student of the year and that I won. I had to fill out a ten page submission form and my biography is going to be in a book and I get money and a free trip to Washington, D.C! Awesome! (I don't think I deserve student of the year because I sometimes struggle to keep a 'C' average in science and math--I have all advanced classes, so that's why I struggle. Sometimes, I just sort of want to give up.) But, anyway, just thought I'd throw that in too. I believe I deserve some sort of bragging right for this!

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote