z

Young Writers Society

hhhhhhhhmmmmm

Reviews: 4
Thu May 24, 2007 10:37 am
Anthaslunula says...

One of those moments when you're stuck for words...

I guess the whole i love to write thing is both mandotory and obvious - why else would I really be here (I guess as writer's everyone can think of some reasons why)?

Anyway I guess some quick home truths - I don't know how many people read the new writers board thing (I know I never do on the forums I go to), so I'll try and keep it brief - procrastination may stop that though

1) I haven't writen anything in a long time - Almost a year ago I started working on a story - the furthest I've been - I actually had the plot planned out... And I started to write... I got about as far as teh first chapter and being 17 life, and AS Levals, got in the way. In fact I should be revisisng now - having English Lit and Geography tomorrow.... Hhhhhmm...
Not that long ago, in Febraury in fact, I went on a workshop for a week with my school - Brilliant! Is all I can say (Arvon all the way). I wrote a short story - 9 pages long and I loved it... My first decent finished piece in years...
Of course, I um, lost it - there are four computers at Arvon and they don't connact so I wrote it in three parts - the bulk of which I didn't transer to a memory stick...
Let's just say I haven't had the heart, or the time, to write anything since. This I hope will change and so I'm here. Not procrastinating.

To sum up I don't have any pieces to put up. Yet. So for now I'll critique, write in more notebooks and do writing exercises... I may even popst some started stories I can bare... Anyway for now I'll search around, actually work out how to use this site...

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 am
Tyd says...

Heyy!

Welcome to YWS! It's okay to take a break from writing, especially with school and exams and other important stuff in the way; just as long as you keep reading too :P
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 am
Imelda says...

Hey, welcome! Don't be disheartened that you haven't written in a while. *Leans close* Wanna hear my guilty secret? *Whispers* I haven't written more than about 50 words on my novel for weeks and weeks. :(

But critiquing helps! And there's plenty of great stuff on this site (too much for me to get through, actually ...). Hope you have fun here, and I wish you every bit of luck in writing again!

Imelda

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 pm
Shine says...

Hi Anthaslunula!

Welcome to yws.....

and you will be writing soon again....good luck for that.

Have fun!

see u around...:D
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to the YWS!

Good to hear you'll start writing again!

Wouldn't it be terrible if you had writer's block right off the bat?

:lol:

Whoops, shouldn't say that........

ano....welcome! =D

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

Reviews: 4
Thu May 24, 2007 1:40 pm
Anthaslunula says...

You're all completly right! I just need to wait two more weeks when exams wil be over and I'll have a week off!

All those things I could get done, the epic novels I could write... Lol... I do actually have some short stories planned so maybe I'll get one done/started... just as long as I get in the flow again I'll be happy!

Of course I still read! Once you start there's really no going back. Although sadly its been along the lines of rereading books I've read a million times over and chick lit stories on fictionpress.

Anyway maybe one of you can help me - the point system for the boards. I take it you get some points for posting in certain places and have to 'spend' some in others?

And posting stories, is all done in the forum type place? And is it mainly chapter stories or short stories as well?

Thanks

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu May 24, 2007 2:03 pm
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

Welcome YWS! i hope you enjoy it here.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper