z

Young Writers Society

Hi

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:58 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hi i'm new, my names Pip (short for phillippa) and I love writing stories so I thought I'd join, I don't really know what to do first on this website if anyone has any advice on how to get started i would be very grateful to hear it :D

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:05 pm
piepiemann22 says...

First red some other poeples ideas. Then write your own.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:07 pm
Swires says...

Hello there, well first you post an intro lol.

Then, and most importantly you will want to head over to the "Literary" section and read some peoples work and give them feedback. This helps you as a writer.

When you've posted, say, five reviews of other peoples stories you may decide that you want to put your own poem or story onto the site.

So, go ahead do that - BUT remember the more reviews you do the more reviews you will get so post your work sparingly.

You may also like to check out the Community for writing games, writing tips and general discussion.

As soon as you establish yourself here you will get loads of reviews from fellow members and you can then join contests and groups and all things flowery.

Pm me if you need anything or have a question
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:55 pm
Areida says...

Pip pip cheerio!

*laughs at own very bad joke*

Hehe. Heeheehee.

I'm such a loser, just so you know.

But hey, welcome anyway! I'm Areida, commonly called Ari, resident loser princess of YWS. :P If you need anything please don't hesitate to PM me or pretty much anybody else around here. The moderators, greeters and mentors are all great people (or so they say, I swear some of them are probably serial killers or something) and more than happy to help.

See you around the boards!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:22 am
Sam says...

Pip...that's a more than uberly awesome name.

Welcome to the forums! Like others before me have probably said, try reviewing a few things before you post a story- there are a bunch of really good tips on critiquing in the Squills and Writing Tips forums. Then, once you've critiqued a few pieces, feel free to post a few of your own...that's probably the most fun (and the scariest :P) part of it all.

Hope you have fun- and feel free to PM me if you've got any questions. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:54 am
Shine says...

Hi Pip!

Welcome to YWS!

Just a quick reminder! Read the rules and follow the two critiques to one submission rule.
For any help let pm me or anyone here,they will help u out.

see u around.
~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:39 pm
niteowl says...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY PIP!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly