z

Young Writers Society

Hello

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:59 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

Hello, I'm Prokaryote, and my favorite authors are, in no particular order, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Olaf Stapledon, Jules Verne, Lemony Snicket, A.K.A. Daniel Handler, and some others I probably can't think of right now.

Pleased to meet you all, etc. :)

Prokaryote

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:16 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Welcome Prokaryote!

How are you? It's nice to see a new member around. Could I ask, what do you write?

I'm an instructor (Notice the nice purple? :-D) so if you want a critique or have a question about the site or something, feel free to PM me and I'll help you as best as I can!

Jules Verne is great, isn't he? I don't recognize Olaf Stapledon...what has he written?

Anyway—I hope to see you around!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:21 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask you if I have any questions. :D

Olaf Stapledon

Prokaryote

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:35 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Welcome to the Young Writer's Sanitarium, affectionally known as the Funny Farm, where all good writers end up, eventually. Or perhaps where all good writers come from? Anyway, we're all insane here :D Pleased to meet you also. I'm sure you'll fit right in...
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:37 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Bubble that gives a bad impression!!!

(Though I am not going to deny anything.)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:06 am
View Likes
Shine says...

Hello, I'm Prokaryote, and my favorite authors are, in no particular order, C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Olaf Stapledon, Jules Verne, Lemony Snicket, A.K.A. Daniel Handler, and some others I probably can't think of right now.

Pleased to meet you all, etc.

Prokaryote

Hi Prokaryote!
Welcome to the site!

J.KRowling is my fav too.
Eager to see ur work.
see u around.

Ani. :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:40 pm
View Likes
Arclight says...

Hey i'm new too, Like some of your authors just not J.K Rowling lol, hope to see you posting.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:29 pm
View Likes
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions, and enjoy the site! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:25 pm
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

Lo Prokaryote. I talked to you in the chatroom.

I'm still buying a Wii, darn you! :P

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:31 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome!

Just a quick reminder! Read the rules and follow the two critiques to one submission rule.

Any questions or problems? Just send me or any member of big brother a PM.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:56 am
View Likes
Swires says...

Im also available for any problems you may have. If you write Fantasy then just PM me and Ill come and leave some feedback on your work.

Enjoy it here.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:57 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! I'm Areida, but pretty much everybody around here calls me Ari. Unfortunately, my real name isn't so nickname-able, so I kind of have this werid obsession/fixation/adoration for all nicknames. Ergo, I wish to give you one! But it will take some thinking. Give it time, though, I'll come up with a good one.

Nice to have another C.S. Lewis lover around, by the way. What's your favourite of his?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:56 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

So...we have bacteria running around here now, do we? LOL anyway, here's your gift!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain