z

Young Writers Society

Je suis qui?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:00 pm
Emerson says...

I thought it was about time I talk about myself. Because who DOESN'T want to know more about me? ;-)

As you all must already know, I enjoy writing. I've been writing since I was 11, or maybe even earlier. I was really bad at it too... But somewhere last year, say February, something clicked in me and I now seem to be doing pretty good at it! I usual write short stories, and have several that should be edited... aren't. I'm a procrastinator. But right now, I'm working on a novel, and I hope it will turn out better than my NaNoWriMo did! (A plot hole...)

I like Humphrey Bogart. So much! He's one of my favorite actors, ever. And I also like his wife, and James Cagney. I'm trying to watch lots of film noir, they're the best movies ever made, IMO. Though there are some movies from our time that are pretty good.

The best scary movie I've ever seen is Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn. It was so...awesome.

I'm in choir, I like to sing. Though I'm not in one of the higher choirs, too bad... But I am getting better. I also play the piano, and teach myself at it. For a while I tried playing guitar, but it wasn't for me.

I love the classics. But if you ask me to name the books I've read, I can't really remember. I have bad memory... I'm a slob, too. My room looks like a volcano full of books exploded. Yeah...Books, everywhere.

I speak French, but I'm not very fluent yet. I'm in French two, though I hope to be very fluent in several languages. I'm interested in translations and the formation and repetitions in languages. I'm also interested in theology, though right now I don't know much about it. I'm planning to take a college course on it in later years.

Jim Gaffigan is really, really, side splittingly funny. I love him.

I like Nabokov too. And Oscar Wilde, he makes me swoon. I'd name music I like, but its such a long list, why should I drag you through it?

I'm in love with my Chemistry class, I could easily be a scientist (Even though I'm really bad at math). All that in depth crazy nuclear stuff is amazing to me.

I'm not sure what else to say about myself. You could always ask me questions :-)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:32 pm
Jiggity says...

Hiya 'dette! *waves* You know for some reason I always think of you as one of those iconic looking '50's gals ... its really weird actually. Like that girl in Interview with a Vampire.

I was nice enough to say hello. You may do the same *waits patiently.*
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:32 pm
Fand says...

Humphrey Bogart and Oscar Wilde? *swoons* I knew there was a reason we got a long so well. ;)
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

2058 Reviews

Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:06 pm
Emerson says...

hah! Oscar Wilde... He's very swoon worthy, isn't he? He looked good when he was younger, before he cut his hair.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm
Dream Deep says...

Mlle Clau! ^_^

Thought I'd drop in and say hi. So - without further adieu - Hello. ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:03 pm
magiclukehutch says...

Maybe I'll turn out like you then. Because I'm quite rubbish and hopefully I'll get better.
Always happy to help!

2058 Reviews

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:05 pm
Emerson says...

Turn out like me? *slightly confused*

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:57 am
the fly says...

you seem really cool. i love language too. spanosh though. and the sciences.

what is your top, favorite type of music.

2058 Reviews

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:59 pm
Emerson says...

Music? I like so many kinds, that is impossible to say!

I listen to nearly everything, sans rap and country, in most cases. But, its a very wide range of music.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:26 am
Cade says...

Claudette wrote:I listen to nearly everything, sans rap and country, in most cases. But, its a very wide range of music.

Oh, yes, I can second that! *hates country*

Yay old films! Old everything, in fact. The school publications are sponsoring a 50's-style sock-hop at school in April, and I'm on the dance committtee. We're going to dance to old, GOOD music and wear poodle skirts. You sound like you'd love it, Clau.

Heehee, I like my Chem class, too, hence the username, but it's mostly because my teacher is fantastic.

Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Emerson says...

Poodle skirts aren't much me, but if you had some people jitterbugging (I would die to take swing lessons) or perhaps some jazz or Doris Day, I'd be melting all over the place with the oldness love!

Oh gosh, my Chemistry class is like life, even when I get a D on the test, its really fun. Speaking of Chemistry, I'm currently pursuing a fight with my school. There is a Chem 2 class that exists (and my current teacher is the teacher, and she is working on getting the board to approve it and make it on AP chem class) and this year, juniors are in it. but, I went to schedule my Junior year (next year) and the only classes they will let me take is AP bio and Earth/Geo science! *flames at eyes* so I'm full of complaints, its like the class doesn't exist! But I'll stop complaining here :-D Maybe it'll show up in my blog...

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:50 pm
scrambled_pages says...

Hi,
I love languages too; I speak french fluently as a result of 85% french elementary schooling, and am taking spanish courses, that I adore, through my high school, well except for the exams. I am dying to learn both mandarin and Latin. Mandarin because it is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and Latin perhaps simply because I am more than a little intrigued by the fact that it is considered a dead language! Also wouldn't it be amazing to know the scientific name for everything!

I would love to know which languages you hope to one day be able to speak!
-Gen
"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel."
-Anthony Trollope

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Twit says...

Hi! *waggles fingers like Oliver Hardy* :D

Claudette wrote: Oscar Wilde... He's very swoon worthy, isn't he? He looked good when he was younger, before he cut his hair.

I always thought Oscar Wilde looked weird, and slightly gross. Humphrey Bogart? Our barbers is called Bogarts and has loads of pix of him on the walls inside. :) There's a Bogart film with...Leslie Howard, I think? I can't remember the name, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, then Howard gets shot. Know which one that is? I might be mistaken of course. :?

-Shadow
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat May 12, 2007 5:43 pm
Night Mistress says...

I love languages too. I have taken Spanish and French. I plan to take Italian next year in high school.

I also play the piano as well.

Lookie there, it appears that i have a bunch in common with a lot of people. i guess i am not a weirdo after all.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

2058 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2007 5:51 pm
Emerson says...

There's a Bogart film with...Leslie Howard, I think?

The Petrified Forest ;-) Bogart and Howard were both very good friends and played in the stage production of the movie. This role won Bogart notice, and so started his career of being a mobster, which thank goodness he got out of...

I love that movie ^_^ Leslie Howard is so cool. I wish he was in more.

I love languages too. I have taken Spanish and French. I plan to take Italian next year in high school.

Eww....spanish. I'm neglecting Spanish xD

I want to take German, Russian, Arabic, Latin, and what ever else comes around and says, "OMG LEARN ME!" ha ha

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain